Mms failed to send

hello once again, i have a little problem with my refurbished S9.
I cant seem to send MMS messages, they always fail, is there some kind of setting preventing it from happening?

Hi first check if your mms apn settings are ok. go to settings/Network & Internet/Mobile network/Access Point Names. (cross check with your mobile provider the settings)

how would i define them as either okay, or crosscheck with any provider?
the only thing i understand from thes points is their names, which is the same provider as the sim card?
the only two available networks are neither of the same name, the other not working at all
i tried to change it back and i was unable to send normal sms anymore either

See if you can search for your provider’s APN settings on their website or on the web in general. Then compare the entries to the APN that is currently selected in your phone. (Click on the APN to see all the fields of entry.)

You might also try powering down, removing your SIM card for about 30-45 seconds, then re-insert it, power up, and let the network reset itself.

If that doesn’t work either, then it’s probably time to call the provider.

MMS is not working with my new provider, either, but we couldn’t figure out how to fix it…yet.

i THINK the APN settings are okay, or at least similar

i did so, it restored my ability to send sms, but not mms.

i dont have a contract (and heavily oppose having one) so that option might be a bit m,ore difficult

“okay” ≠ “similar”
They must be exact.

Is your provider listed here? [LIST] APN Values for Service Providers

im from austria, the provider should be A1/bob, i do not see it on the list

See if this helps: Fragen & Antworten - Error 500 | A1.net

Or: bob - Austria - APN Settings
This one is not the company’s website, but some general site/blog.

P.S. If you talk to A1’s customer service, make sure they know you’re not using standard Android, but a custom Android ROM. Otherwise, they might suggest you do things that don’t apply with /e/OS…like doing a “factory reset,” etc. You don’t want to do that.

thanks for these links, unfortunately
link 1 doesnt display anything, i tried to find this error manually, but was unable to display whatever the answer may have been.

using the 2nd link it appears that the apn settings are the same.

1 Like

So I think you’ll have to contact their customer service. Maybe they can re-register your number on the network and/or try alternate APN settings.

Are those settings here suitable for your issue? https://cdn1.a1.net/final/de/media/pdf/A1_APN_MMS_Einstellungen_Android.pdf

You may request apn settings from the provider via OTA (i got that many years ago with Vodafone after talking to customer support, if i remember correct).

3 Likes

wow thank you, this one worked

it appears that my simcard (bob) which is under the A1 umbrella needed the a1 apn to work instead of the bob one

2 Likes

You´re welcome - good to hear it works now… :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to report working settings in [LIST] APN Values for Service Providers (the table in first post is user-editable) :slight_smile:

im a little hesitant to edit such an important comment, but i will try to accurately do so

edit:how may i be able to edit the post? i cant seem to accomplish it, or should i post the settings as a reply?

You should see an “Edit” button at bottom right of first post :

Then you add a line at the end, respecting the following columns and | separators :

| **Country** | **Service provider** | **APN** | **Comments** |

(take other’s as example)

If you can’t or too complicated please simply post a reply, Ill do it for you :smiley_cat:

i do not see such a button, likely because im a new user.
im afraid i would have to ask for your assistance since for now, i cant edit a post (yet?), thank you in advance.

No problem :slight_smile: Simply post your settings here or in list thread, I’ll edit the list for you :smiley_cat:

| **Country** | **Service provider** | **APN** | **Comments** |
     Austria                 BoB/A1               Name:  A1 MMS, APN:  free.A1.net, Username:  ppp@a1plus.at, Password:  ppp, MMSC:  http://mmsc.A1.net, MMS Proxy:  194.48.124.71, MMS Port:  8001, MCC:  232, MNC:  01, Authentication type:  PAP, APN-Type:  mms
Comments: MMS

Added to the list, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like