MMS reception issue on FP3/FP3+ (In France)

Thanks. It seems that the ticket already fell into limbo, though. Even the build numbers you reported were not written in it (still “waiting for input”). :cry:

Thanks for taking the time to write this, but I highly doubt I’m in the same case, or at least not exactly. Activating mobile data before trying to send an MMS or receiving one or loading any web-based thing works fine in my case (which is kinda why the ticket’s priority got nuked). I also checked most (if not all) fields and it really seemed to match the official Orange recommendations.

I have tried on my phone, I have the same issue : the MMS are not “stored” to be accessible after enabling the data.
I tried the same thing with another message app from the app store and it is working (as you can see on the following picture)
So it is a problem from the default message app from /e/ !!

Your “that I won’t name” on the ticket is scary xD I suppose it’s a tracker-ridden app most /e/ users won’t feel like using?

I’ve been using the unforked version of QKSMS since my initial investigations (it supports the dark theme better, while the /e/ version displayed stuff in white on grey speech bubbles, so I kept it :sweat_smile:), and it has the issue too.

By browsing their (QKSMS) issues, I found this:
https://github.com/moezbhatti/qksms/issues/118
It’s old as hell. :scream:
There’s a…

this is definitely one of the most important things I plan to work on in the near future

… though. But even that particular comment is months old already.

But wait… Then how can it work on other phone models? :exploding_head:

Something doesn’t add up. :neutral_face: Did old /e/ use another default messaging application?

Yes I did tried QKSMS and the issue is coming from this app…
The app message which is working is the google one. And fun fact, when I installed it I get access to all the MMS I did not received before. Therefore, the mms are somewhere and I don’t understand why it is not possible to get the on QKSMS or e app. (But the great thing is that your MMS are not lost… If you are ready to use google message).

And I have to add one thing : when I went back to /e/ message app after that, it has downloaded some MMS sometimes, but not all of them…

I do not understand a thing…

Hello, I had the same problem when I switched To the fairphone, aT first with the stock android, and she with e (with either the messaging app and Silence).
Finally I discovered that the APN infos weren’t matchimg exactly what my operator (SFR).recommends. So I changed the settings from a nearly good config (could also.have created one) and rince then hade noproblem to receive mms at the moment I turn mobile data on.
Note : the APN settings become adailable to choose, ie the radio button appears, when I put the correct APN Type, not sure if it is the “default” keyword that made the trick.
Caveat : SFR loesn’t seems so understand.that some people may not have data pirmanently, so keeps sending messages offering me to.download the mms from a.website … So I believe it’s not that simple nowadays to have a phone without data enabled all the time.
Btw : try with another sms reader than qksms, I have tried it before and had so drop it because.of mms issues. Otherwise I loved all the rest of it.

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve a similar problem (well, worse) : I’m in France and I can’t send nor recieve any mms, even when my data connection was already activated.
I checked the settings (APN…) and they were the same as what my mobile operator said they should be,.

My FP3+ has the latest version of /e/OS. My mobile operator is Bouygue.

Has anyone found a solution since ?

I’m not sure I get what you mean about the steps to follow for the APN settings ? Are the settings themselves confusing or is it something else ?

As for your other question. After getting my data connection back, it still didn’t work. The only solution I found to the lost MMS problem was changing messaging app. I’m currently using Silence and it works well (after some time, I even got all the MMS that had been lost somewhere in the void)

Bonjour,
( en anglais plus bas)
FP3+ + Google cela fonctionnait parfaitement.
je recevais et envoyais les sms et mms ( photos ) sans passer par le forfait data.

installer hier.
FP3+ + /e/
je ne reçois et émets plus les mms ( photos ) sans passer par le forfait data.

Je n’ai trouvé aucune solution.
J’ai testé toutes les configurations possible dans les APN orange / sosh …
J’ai supprimé les APN orange, puis j’ai tout reconfiguré : nada.
J’ai supprimé les APN orange, puis j’ai tout redemandé en automatique via le site sosh : nada
J’ai testé 3 appli SMS MMS :

• Message ( origin /e/ ) : nada
  • QK SMS : nada
  • E SMS Sync : nada
    pourtant tous défini par défaut …

Le plus drole, nous avons un autre smarthphone samsung A40
chez SymaMobil le mini forfait à 1.9€ avec sms mms illimité, normalement paramétré sur le réseau SFR… Et bien dans la config, il est paramétré sur orange World.

j’ai testé cette configuration d’APN Orange World : nada !

en anglais :
Hello,

FP3+ + Google worked perfectly.
I received and sent the sms and mms ( photos ) without going through the data package.

install yesterday.
FP3+ + + /e/
I no longer receive and send the mms ( photos ) without going through the data package.

I couldn’t find a solution.
I have tested all possible configurations in orange APN/sosh …
I deleted the orange APNs, and then I reconfigured everything: nada.
I deleted the orange APN, then I automatically requested everything via the site sosh: nada
I tested 3 SMS MMS apps:

• Message ( origin /e/ ): nada
  • QK SMS: nada
  • E SMS Sync: nada
    yet all defined by default …

The more drole, we have another smarthphone samsung A40
at SymaMobil the mini package at €1.9 with unlimited sms mms, normally configured on the SFR network… Well, in the config, it’s set to orange World.

I tested this configuration of APN Orange World: nada!

Mes paramétrages Orange/Sosh.
1/ : Internet :
L’APN internet vous permet de naviguer sur internet et d’échanger des données pour vos applications sur votre mobile.

Par défaut, votre mobile Orange vendu en coffret possède un profil internet pré-configuré. En cas de dysfonctionnement, vous pouvez créer un nouveau profil de connexion internet et tester son fonctionnement :

• Allez dans le menu Réglages ou Paramètres.
  • Sélectionnez Réseaux mobiles
  • Cliquez sur Noms des points d’accès et créer un nouvel APN.

Les paramètres internet sont les suivants :

• Nom : Orange Internet
  • APN : orange
  • Proxy : Non défini
  • Port : Non défini
  • Nom d’utilisateur : orange
  • Mot de passe : orange
  • MMSC : Non défini
  • MMS Proxy : Non défini
  • Port MMS : Non défini
  • MCC : 208
  • MNC : 01
  • Type d’authentification : PAP
  • Type d’APN (nom du point d’accès) : default
  • Protocole APN : IPv4

= OK tout fonctionne pour internet.

2 / : MMS :

Pour les MMS (sms = ok)

L’APN MMS vous permet d’émettre et de recevoir vos MMS sur votre mobile.

Par défaut, votre mobile Orange (vendu en coffret) possède un profil MMS pré-configuré. En cas de dysfonctionnement, vous pouvez créer un nouveau profil et vérifier l’envoi et la réception MMS :

• Allez dans Réglages ou Paramètres.
  • Sélectionnez Réseaux mobiles
  • Cliquez sur Noms des points d’accès.
  • Créez un nouvel APN avec les paramètres MMS suivants :
    • Nom : Orange MMS
    • APN : orange.acte
    • Nom d’utilisateur : orange
    • Mot de passe : orange
    • MMSC : http://mms.orange.fr
    • Proxy MMS : 192.168.10.200
    • Port MMS : 8080
    • MCC : 208
    • MNC : 01
    • Type d’APN : mms
    • Protocole APN en itinérance : IPv4
  • Une fois les paramètres saisis, enregistrez votre nouveau profil MMS.

Votre mobile est prêt à envoyer et recevoir des MMS.

Remarque : selon la marque et le modèle de votre mobile, la manipulation peut différé et il est aussi possible que l’ajout d’un nouvel APN soit impossible.

= Ne Fonctionne pas ( alors qu’avec Androïd 10, cela fonctionnait.

1 Like

dernier test pour aujourd’hui.
J’ai téléchargé le .APK de l’application Messages de google + installation sur /e/ sur FP3+
Non cela ne fonctionne toujours pas même avec Messages de google.

last test for today.
I downloaded the .APK of the Messages app from google + install on / e / on FP3 +
No it still doesn’t work even with google messages.

le problème vient de /e/

@Nytt, Il y a une bonne nouvelle, c’est que le bug #2155 a été attribué à un développeur spécifique au cours des dernières 24 heures et qu’il y a un jalon pour un correctif dans la v0.16. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oui cela se confirme, c’est une très bonne chose.
si il y a besoin de beta testeur sur PF3+, je pourrais dans la mesure de mes capacités.
Même si… Je ne pige pas grand chose sur le gitlab.e …
Le Vieux (que je suis) fera de son mieux :wink:

Pour information, après avoir mis à jour mon FP3+ vers la dernière version de /e/ (0.15-20210317106351), je n’ai plus de problème.
Je reçois et je peux envoyer des mms.

Je me trompe peut-être, mais je pense que la résolution du problème vient de l’import de la mise à jour Fairphone 3.A.0077-20201221 qui mentionne parmis les améliorations :

The network compatibility for several carriers has been enhanced.

For information, after updating my FP3 + to the latest version of / e / (0.15-20210317106351), I no longer have a problem with mms.
I receive and I can send mms.

I might be wrong, but I think the resolution of the problem comes from importing the update Fairphone [3.A.0077-20201221] (https://forum.fairphone.com/t/software- update-3-a-0077-20201221 / 69018) which mentions this improvement:

The network compatibility for several carriers has been enhanced.

1 Like

Hello! For those who didn’t see, the issue MMS can't be sent and received without mobile data on /e/OS (MMS lost) (#2155) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab has been updated this week with a solution that worked on several Fairphone 3 (including mine).

You have to enable Developer Options, then look for the “Feature flags” (“Fonctionnalités expérimentales” in French) section: you’ll have to select “settings_network_and_internet_v2”. Then in the usual “Network” section there is a new option “MMS: Envoyer et recevoir des MMS lorsque les données mobiles sont désactivées” and… it works! :smiley:

Many thanks to the person that found this solution :pray:

5 Likes

Bonjour,
Je rencontre le même problème avec un FP3 acquis il y a 2 semaines. Grâce aux différents tutoriels/messages et notamment les indications de @alexcello (merci!!!) j’ai réussi à trouver cette option

Mais j’ai 2 cartes SIM et l’option n’apparaît que sur la page Réseau de l’une des deux (la mauvaise carte, bien-sûr…). Une idée de comment l’avoir pour les deux cartes? Merci.
PS: suis complètement novice sur /e/…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: oups!
En fait l’option n’apparaît QUE quand les données sont désactivées…

3 Likes

Les données mobiles (ou le wifi) doivent être activées pour recevoir des MMS car les média transitent en effet par internet.
Mais ces données ne sont en principe pas décomptées des forfaits data

Est-ce que votre problème est résolu aujourd’hui ? Si oui, je crois que vous pourriez le marquer comme tel svp

Pour info, la situation a été améliorée il y a quelques mois via les mises à jour. Cependant, il se passe encore un truc très bizarre : les données restent activées après la réception ou l’envoi du MMS, mais sans vraiment le dire. Genre le bouton des données est en mode désactivé, et pourtant je me retrouve avec des notifications via flux RSS et je peux naviguer sur le web, sans WiFi. Bref : c’est mieux qu’avant, mais maintenant je :

• Garde le mode économie de données activé en permanence.
  • Fais une activation+désactivation manuelle des données après l’envoi ou la réception de MMS pour remettre le truc d’ablomb.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

J’ai le même problème sur mon S8 sous la version 0.19 Pie avec SFR.
J’ai beau régler l’APN de nombreuses manières différentes, point de MMS sans les données mobiles activées.
Pourtant, avec la même carte SIM, cela fonctionnait parfaitement sur mon OpenC sous FirefoxOS. Je recevais et pouvais envoyer des MMS sans activer les données mobiles.