Mobile data not working on Fairphone 4 with Sky SIM

Hi all,

I’ve installed /e/OS on my Fairphone 4 but I can’t seem to use any mobile data. Texts and calls are fine but I can’t use 4G.

My SIM is from Sky, and they officially support the Fairphone 4 as I got it from them.

Sky themselves give these instructions for the Fairphone 4:

"Set internet settings (first time setup)
Select each step to use the device simulator.

1. From the home screen, swipe down to access the notifications screen.
  2. Swipe down again to access settings.
  3. Tap the settings icon.
  4. Tap Network and Internet.
  5. Tap SIMs.
  6. Tap Access point names.
  7. Tap your APN profile.
    Note: The input fields may allow you to enter more characters than listed in the configuration details, ensure no additional characters or spaces have been added.

Configuration details

Internet APN Settings:

Name: Sky Mobile Internet
APN: mobile.sky
Username: None
Password: None
MCC: 234
MNC: 57
APN Type: Default

MMS APN Settings:

Name: Sky Mobile MMS
APN: mms.mobile.sky
Username: None
Password: None
Proxy/MMS Proxy: 185.110.178.97
MMSC/MMSC URL: http://185.110.178.96:38090/was
Port/MMS Port: 9028
MCC: 234
MNC: 57
Authentication: None
MMS APN Type: mms
APN Protocol: IPv4

If you haven’t been able to update your settings, see our mobile data settings article for details on how to contact us."

But when I try to do this on e/OS/, it says “Access Point Name settings are not available for this user”.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can force it to allow me to change the APN settings?

I always think that the easiest way to get the APN right first time is to ask the carrier to send them to the device.

Your error message gets 21 hits on a forum search here ← if you follow this link.

One thing to bear in mind is that to change APN you probably need to be online with a good wifi signal.

I added the hashtag #apn to your thread title, this would give you further search possibilities by following the hashtag.

Thanks for the help - after looking through other posts I found that the problem was that I didn’t realize that you could still add an APN even when that message is displayed just by selecting the plus in the top right of the screen. Much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.