Moto G-serie Play: are also newer models supported? Or only G4?

Hi you all!
As there is the Motorola Moto G4 Play harpia listed in the official supported device-list as the latest of the G-serie, I wonder, if its always “old” models, that you can be sure to have support for? So shortly, this models may no longer be supported, as they are too old… And the new ones are still not on the list.
Second problem I got: as I look for the model in internet, I find suffixes like “XT1604 # AU” and wonder, if I can use this one also, or if every one of Motorola Moto G4 Play is also indentical with “harpia” anyway?
Would be glad to get clearer about that, thank you so far!
Greetings!

Thank you very much! I use Linux, but its already good to know about the device and the instruction will be helpful as well, I m sure!
Greetings!

I’ve been using Motorola G4 Play “harpia” with /e/ for over a year now as my primary phone, and it works great for me, very clean and stable. I’m not a “bells and whistles” kind of guy, though, so results will vary. I can say I haven’t had any stability issues, security issues, no problem with calls or texts (occasional problems with sending images over SMS, but may be my network). Let me know if you have any specific questions, I really like it overall.