Moto G7 Plus - T-Mobile REVVLRY+ APN Settings

After recently loading /e/OS on a used Moto G7 Plus and moving my sim card from an iPhone 12 to this device everything worked great except phone calls seemed “unstable” - calls dropped unexpectedly or lacked a good connection.

Yesterday I found the APN settings page on T-Mobile shown below:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/t-mobile-revvlry-plus/network-apn-and-volte-t-mobile-revvlry-plus

After editing the APN settings per the above instructions and disabling VoLTE, phone calls have not had the aforementioned stability issue.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

what did you actually change? the page mentioned VoLTE but there’s no setting shown.

jv

Thank you for your question.

From what I recall I only edited the following APN settings: Server, APN type, APN protocol, and APN protocol. All other settings were the same as the T-Mobile document.

Also, since the Moto G7 Plus does support VoLTE (T-Mobile REVVLRY+ | T-Mobile Support) I’ve turned it back to on.

It’s odd that the website mentions VoLTE in the page title but not in the content.

Dunno. I have a REVVLRY+ and didn’t notice anything strange on Q .18 or R while testing but I was only using in one location for a short time for testing.

Have you checked the chosen bands within the “dialer feature” *#*#4636#*#* -->phone infos -->preferred network.
could solve the problem…

I have not and I’m not at all familiar with dialer feature to check bands.

Not bands exactly, but standard used like CDMA UMTS GSM LTE