Motorola G7 Plus - REVVLRY not working correctly after 3G shut down

Motorola G7 Plus - REVVLRY (equal to the XT1965-T I believe)

Phone is up to date with /e/. 3G was shut down by my carrier who is on the AT&T network at the beginning of March. I have been without voice calls since, almost two months now. I have been adjusting the APNs and am able to either get voice calls to work, or data, but not both. Carrier is unhelpful and blames the phone as defective.

Anyone else able to get this phone to work with AT&T VoLTE?
This phone still shows on the AT&T site as compatible.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I’m having the same problem I cannot get voice to work I make a phone call and it says network busy and I can’t find any help.

Do you use AT&T, or a carrier that uses the AT&T network?

The tower closest to me is an AT&T tower and that’s what system might go on with my phone but when I go to where there’s a T-Mobile area my phone works fine 4G LTE. T-Mobile connect.

I’m not sure about that one. I will tell you what APN I use to get voice to work with AT&T. You may need to switch it when you leave home. It also may not work if the company you buy service from doesn’t use AT&T. Try at your own risk… this also may not be a good idea if you get charged for roaming. With this APN, I get voice and text, but no data.

Go to:
settings / network & internet / mobile network / advanced / access point names

Make note of the APN that you currently have selected, in case you need to switch back.
Now click the plus sign at the top. Enter these settings, any of the settings I don’t mention, you can just leave blank. Enter these exactly like I have them.

name= nxtgenphone
APN= nxtgenphone
MMSC= http:mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy= proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port= 80
MMC= 310
MNC= 410
APN type= default,mms,agps,supl,fota
APN protocol= IPv4
APN roaming protocol= IPv4
APN enable/disable= APN enabled
MVNO type= GID
MVNO value= 2AC9

Now save it by clicking the 3 dots at the top right. When you go back to the Access Point Names, you will now only see the new one you created. Restart your phone. Give it a minute to connect after you get to the homescreen. Try making a call, if it does not work, just go back to your original APN. Only your newly created APN will be showing. In order to see the ones you had before, go back into the new one (nxtgenphone), and change the MVNO type back to “None”. Then save. Your old ones should show. Hope this helps.

Is settings > mobile network > VoLTE turned on?

I’m on ATT and my REVVLRY is working fine. Try these APN settings:

Name= ATT
APN=phone
Proxy= Not set
Port= Not set
Username= Not set
Password= Not set
Server= Not set
MMSC= http://mmsc.mobile.att.net/
MMS proxy= proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port= 80
MMC= 310
MNC= 410
Authentication type= Not set
APN type= default,mms,supl
APN protocol= IPv4
APN roaming protocol= IPv4
APN enable/disabled: enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type= None
MVNO Value= Not set

Not sure if this is related, but AT&T apparently executed their 3G shutdown very poorly, which initially caused many users to lose calling ability, even on VoLTE-enabled phones: AT&T/U.S. Users: Please Read

I have mine on VoLTE, didn’t make a difference.

Yes, it was pretty bad. I don’t use AT&T directly, but the carrier I use would have at least 1000 people in line waiting to use chat on their website because their phones couldn’t make calls. I’m only able to now because I changed the APN settings when they told me not to.

Their only solution to me… buy a new phone. …even though I bought a new phone based on their guidelines, and it’s even on their list on compatible phones.

And about your APN settings, I tried and can make calls, but still no data.

Yes VoLTE on. I’m on T-Mobile but where I live is rural They But my phone goes to the AT&T network my understanding is they own the tower and that might be the problem but shows that I’m roaming and it has H plus when I turn on the Internet option so maybe it’s just waiting for AT&T to upgrade the tower I just can’t make calls the rest of the phone works fine I don’t know I’m at my wits end

Are you still able to make voice calls? In the past couple of days, I have lost the ability to make voice calls, regardless of any APN settings I try. I assume AT&T changed something, because the APN settings that did work, including the ones you posted, no longer work for me.

I am still able to make & receive voice calls.