Motorola G8 Power?

Did someone ear about a solution for Motorola G8 Power. Great autonomy + degoogled would be really great !

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes

I’d like this too. Good phone. Moto g8 power (XT2041-3) Ready to donate generously if this happens.

3 Likes

Currently running Lineageos4microg on mine.
I tried to build /e/ with the Docker image but It always fails, returning «missing lineage/vendor» like it doesn’t take into account my manifests whereas the Lineageos4microG Docker image works like a breeze with the same files.
Looking forward to running /e/ on it too.

Yes, G8 Power would be great - a long lasting battery with at long lasting OS. Perfect couple! I ordered mine thinking that it was supported only to find out now that it’s not - silly me :upside_down_face:

How did you do this? :eyes: Or do you know a good set of instructions somewhere? any pointers would be appreciated :blush:

Seems like someone is actively building LineageOS 18.1 for the motorola g8 power (sofiar) here on github and has an alpha version ready. I believe supporting that could help get it to /e/OS @numb :+1:

1 Like

I agree, this would be a great device to have e installed

Another Moto G8 Power user here, happy to test. Also XT2041-3. In the meantime, I might have to try that unofficial LineageOS build.

Also, does anyone know of any legitimate download location for stock ROMs for this phone? I need to have something to restore with if I somehow stuff it up.

Id like some support as well :grin:
Sofia - XT2041-4

This looks like a device tree for Sofiar (as your linked ROM)

(Edit [kudos Supported devices - Google Play Help - Google Support ] sofia is a moto g power - XT2041DL)