Motorola Moto E4 XT1768 - perry

Comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat

I believe that this is very good simple smartphone. With a fingerprint scanner that Moto used for a universal button, and one of the last removable batteries from Moto that I can find. From my research it seems that the phone was originally unrootable, but can now be rooted and that several custom roms have been made for it according to UnLockr:

And from the UnLockr website, I found a forum from an /e/ rom made back in 2018:

I have the unlocked GSM version, and am hoping to help forward this device.

1 Like

Good to know I’m not the only one interested in this. I love my phone, but I don’t love spyware and bloatware!

1 Like

From my research everything is there for the ROM, it just has to be recompiled. I sent a message through xda-developers to the main developer Jason Merc with no reply. Not surprisingly however, since it was an old post and I had just created the account.

I am not quite keen enough to be able to build the ROM myself, but I saved what he had made available onto my own GitHub account to ensure it doesn’t disappear before I have a chance to look at it. https://github.com/Phabbits/android_device_motorola_perry for example but there are several other repositories that I thought would be necessary.

Hoping to have time in the future to attempt to build one, but if I could get someone to mentor me through the process that would be really nice!