Motorola Moto G7 Supra

Hello! I want to help port /e/ to the Motorola Moto G7 Supra. According to my research, it’s basically the Moto G7 or something in that line, but especially in the Cricket line. How do I start?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Is the device coming with oreo or above from factory? Is it supporting treble? If yes, try eOS GSI

1 Like

Yes, it is running Android Pi.

How do I get eOS GSI, and what is the usual installation process? Is there another article on the forum with the usual process for installing this way? I don’t have much experience with this, and am trying to learn.

It’s more the question of treble suported or not than pie or not. Use treble checker app on f-droid for checking.

If yes yoy will find GSI rom here GSI for not yet supported treble phones [2020/04/15]

And an example for install here [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ GSI for Mi MaX3 (nitrogen)

I just checked, and Treble is supported.

I’m still new to this. So I follow the steps at [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ GSI for Mi MaX3 (nitrogen)?

Yes, it could work, but. …

1. You must use the right GSI for your device. a-only, a/b or arm64 or. … treble check should show what you need.
  2. If you get an error when flashing vbmeta.img (something like ‘no vbmeta partition available’) the procedure won’t work. But on xda are some other ways described.

Does it matter if LineageOS supports the XT-1955-5 (Supra) variant alongside the rest of the ocean (G7) variants without issue?

This is an old thread. A quick check of Smartphone Selector reveals

where this is the list of Supported Models

XT1955-1
    XT1955-2
    XT1955-4
    XT1955-5
    XT1955-7
1 Like

Is there documentation on how to get it supported in the Easy Installer Beta, given that it is officially supported now?

Just following up to say that the CricKet firmware Motorola G7 Supra can not be Bootloader Unlocked with Motorola, so no way to flash/install /e/OS.