Multiples Shelter?

Hello everyone,

I’m using Shelter to sandbox some of my applications which have trackers. As far as I understand it (harvey186 explained it to me in another post), all applications (and trackers in it) in shelter have access to all the data of the work profile (even other applications data in this profile).

I would like to know if it’s still true when an applications is “freezed”. Does an “non-freezed” applications (and their trackers) can have access to a “freezed” applications data ? Conversely, does an “freezed” applications (and trackers) can have access to a “non-freezed” applications data ?

At the same time, is it possible to create multiples work profile ?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Ps: I apologies for my bad english.

As long as you don’t use the freezed app, it doesn’t collect data. Freezing means, no actions when not active, not more. Some trackers are using the collected data from all apps which where sometimes active.

No, you can only create one work profile. But you can create several users on your phone. But than you always have the change the user what isn’t very practicable

No problem, mine isn’t better :wink:

Thank you @harvey186, that clarify the “freezing” action. Plus, I didn’t thought about creating several users, I will use that for applications I need but don’t use often.

Ps: about my english, I’ve seen several time people answering about a grammatical / orthographic error and leaving apart the main topic. I’m relieved it doesn’t seem to be the case with the /e/ community.

the e communtiy comes from all over the world and for most people english isn’t the domestic language. As long as the others will understand what your issue is, it’s OK. And when not, they can ask :wink:

2 Likes