Murena 2 case design

Hi,

now that the cases have finally been sent it became clear that they still don’t really fit the phones. Did anybode manage to create a 3D printed case that actually fits without hanging loose?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

What do you mean?

You got the case for M2 from Murena and it does NOT fit properly? How could that be possible??

1 Like

The case is slightly too big. It stays on the phone and it is surprisingly hard to get it off again, so it basically does its job. Yet the phone is wiggling in the case. I’m not sure if anyone ever tested the design before shipping it.
What gets me most is that those problems have been discussed in the 3D print thread for months. So they had enough time to fix those issues. This is really embarrassing to say the least.

The second issue that had been mentioned on the Kickstarter page: The material is not thick enough to protect the camera on the backside. This might lead to some serious issues later on.

Another thing that has been mentioned is the overall quality. The case looks and feels like rubbish. I don’t really mind that as long as it does its job, but having a case with higher quality would surely be a good thing to have.

Thank you much for your response. I bet they simply gave the model of the case to the 3D printing shop for manufacturing - no one bothered fixing anything of importance. So, there is little to no difference between the final product and the design. Perhaps [a tiny bit] more work was done after the 3D print thread was shut down and all the files removed, but I really doubt it.

But, that’s not all: the whole product, Murena Two, was removed from the web site and the online shop as well. Go figure!

I have to revert “basically does its job”. The case is getting more loose every day. If this keeps going on with that speed, the case will not do its job at all within the next months. I consider this a case of warranty.

Is it getting worse? I got notified my case was shipped out (by the way: they said they did send them out over 3 weeks ago, on June 3 - not true!) and I wonder what I can expect when it arrives.

Yes, it is getting worse. I’m not sure if all cases are of that quality. But what you can expect for sure is that the camera part is completely unprotected. The case is not thick enough for the camera piece and the actual lenses are even larger.

I will take detailed pictures when I have my M2 in the case. We’ll see if I can capture these problems (if they show up in my case).

Got the cases, but I am travelling so no chance to take pictures at this time.
I have to tell you, though, my cases have dark stains on the back, sooo… I don’t know what happened!!

You are correct!

1 Like

Here you go!

this is the condition right after they were taken out of the envelope.

Looks like oil or something like that.
I took out the phone today to check the available slots and needed to find out that the inside of the case is raising dust. The edges of the phone were completely gray. I could wipe the dust of, so it’s not a huge problem at the moment. But I’m suspicious how long it takes for the case to completely decay.

I hear some printing shops may treat the surface of the part post-print with some chemicals. This is to achieve the desired texture. Who knows: maybe that chemical agent is now evacuating the plastic and this is how it manifests itself.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.