Murena cloud pw forgotten, no alt email -> phone sync erases everything!

Being myself a happy user with an /e/ Fairphone 3 and Murena cloud, we bought for my wife a Fairphone 3+ directly from Murena a couple years ago, for which I a did a quick setup for a minimalist Murena cloud at the time.
Now, after some weeks of warnings that we weren’t able to clear, the situation is the following :

• We forgot her password on the cloud (so among others we cannot access her e.email webmail)
  • when requesting a reset link, the link we receive says that is impossible
  • when then trying ‘connect with a peripheral’ we are told this account ‘is not set to connect with passwordless authentication
  • at this point, her contact list is half erased. If I understand correctly, everything that had been sync’ed with Murena has been deleted, resulting in contacts whose name disappeared (!) but not the comments, and the related phone numbers apparently launching not the phone app but an obsolete version of Whatsapp (!) which was never used.

Our main issue is with that contact list; I thingk we could deal with everything else by ourselves (pictures etc.)

I would like to reactivate the Murena account but I see no way of triggering this in the current situation, nor any way of even contacting Murena (their ‘contact us’ form being clearly oriented to hardware guarantee only -but our phone does work!- and nothing at all on the cloud…)

Any advice here would be extremely welcome!
Hervé
P. S. our two phones are maintained, with the 1.21 /e/ version at this time, FWIW

You probably already thought about it, but just in case: the Contacts app has features, in its settings, to export the contacts to a file (a .vcf or something). At least that’d provide a way to recover what’s currently left if something goes even more wrong. I try to do that periodically.
Never used the cloud myself so that’s all I can tell. Good luck. :neutral_face:

1 Like

For cloud related stuff, I always e-mail helpdesk@murena.com. And to avoid forgetting passwords in the future I suggest using a password manager like BItwarden or something similar.
Good luck! Hopefully a rescue of your data is possible.

2 Likes

Thank you @alice_m and @AnonymerUser . I followed your advices, and am now waiting for the answer from the helpdesk…