Murena Gigaset 6 - Bootloader and banking apps

Hi Everyone,
Does the Murena Gigaset 6 come with an unlocked bootloader by default?
Asking because I need the banking and payment apps to work , and a significant number of them don’t seem to if the bootloader comes unlocked. If that is the case I might go for the FP6, although is more expensive.

I will check next week with Commerzbank photoTAN app - hopefully positive as I am (almost) forced to use that app.

According to Install /e/OS on a Gigaset GS6 / GS6 PRO - “GS6_Venus”, the bootloader is relockable !

2 Likes

Got my GS6 yesterday. In the state it is delivered from murena store, installation and activation of Commerzbank photoTAN app worked as intended.

2 Likes

Hiya, having tried /e/OS on a Samsung S20 Ultra I had kicking around where the bootloader does NOT relock (not that I’ve actually tried - trusting the info), I can confirm my UK Barclays banking app works flawlessly

2 Likes