Murena IO webmail downtime

It is since yesterday that I cannot access the Murena.io webmail and the server reply: time out. Yesterday, I changed the password but for a little while it was working. Obviously the smartphone started to create issues after that because the old password was changed.

Is there a feature that blocks access when too many failed access tries are detected? If yes, this is a bug. Whatever the access failed attempts are, as long as they are carried on with the same password (hash), they should count as just one attempt because it cannot be a brute force attack but just a misconfigured or yet updated device.

Someone can provide some insight about this service downtime? Is it just my account or is it happening to everybody?

Best, R-

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Not able to see any issues in sending or receiving mail on the site. If you are still facing issues you can send a mail to helpdesk@e.email and have the infra team check for issues with your account.

1 Like

For some time I had some authemtication issues with the synchronisation. Maybe related maybe not

1 Like

There was a short downtime yesterday which was resolved. There should be no issues now.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers.

In the meantime I had deleted all Murena accounts from my /e/OS smartphone. After your answer, I have activated the Two Factors Authentication and noticed few problems:

1. the QR code for app/device authentication cannot be read by the smartphone murena.io configuration settings menu because this functionality is missing

2. using the app/device username/password to configure the murena.io account on the smartphone, the e-mail fails to authenticate and it needs the main password

3. once I have configured the 2FA, using the username/password login SHALL NOT work anymore also for the SSL/IMAP server but it still works

About the #3, it is also explained into the 2FA page:

Warning: The IMAP account is not protected with 2FA

https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/two-factor-authentication.html

Anyway, now I got my Murena account working back with e-mail, smartphone and browser. Thanks.