Murena One charging issues

Hi,

I am facing some problems when charging the battery with the device off. I don’t know if the new update (/e/ OS 1.14-s) I applied recently is responsible for this.

With the phone switched off, if I charge the battery, the battery icon image is static; it doesn’t show evolution of the charge (in the past, I recall some kind of animation), it always shows the level of charge in red; it doesn’t refresh the image. Nevertheless, I can check that the battery is being charged if I switch on the phone. Another related problem is that, while it is charging, the on/off button doesn’t switch off the screen. The screen is always on. If I charge the phone by night, the screen is on all night and the phone is rather hot in the morning. All this behaviour happens when the phone is switched off. No issues if the phone is switched on while charging.

I don’t know if these bugs are caused by the update or other reasons.

For issues with the murena One pl send a mail to the helpdesk at helpdesk@e.email ID. The team should be able to help you further.

1 Like

Hi jmzama ,
I have the same problem with my Murena One and was looking for anyone who had the same problem with charging the phone with it switch OFF, because that is the way I use to charge the phone. I was right next to my phone when it started charging and as soon as I touch it and felt it was getting warm I pulled the USB cord out and stopped the charging.
I not sure if the problem is with the /e.OS 1.14-s or the also upgrade of Android 12 maybe causing the problem. In any event we can still charge phones with the phone in the ON position , without any heating up of the battery.
I have sent my issue of the charging to the Helpdesk and they did respond back to me with suggestions on what to do , which I have done online . Going to look further into this matter and see if I can find out just what is causing this problem.

Marty.

Hi Marty,

Thank you very much for sharing with us the same problem. At least, now I know that it is not a particular malfunction of my terminal. I agree with you that last update is probably related with the problem.

I also sent the issue to the Helpdesk, but no answer until now. You say that they did respond to you with some suggestions. Could you share them with us?

Best regards,

Jesús

Hi Jesus ,

Sorry it took me so long to give you an update on what I have found , which is not much .

As for a fix for the issue we are having , I could find nothing , other than what we both have been doing with charging with the phone turned ON for charging.

I have noted another issue with Texting where when sending one it takes 1 to 3 minutes for someone to receive it. Sometimes it never gets sent and a notification popup saying it could not be sent from : com.mediatek.ims.Ims.Ims/App , I don’t know where this came from but it is not the Text App that I have install which is “Message”. Don’t know if this is related to the update we received.

The BIG NUMBERS showing the time when you first turn on the phone, is Not what I like to see when turning on the phone. I think this is an Android 12 thing.

I think we are going to have to wait for the next Update before we see if it corrects the issues we are having. Before doing the next Update I am going to do some research online with Murena and check to see any and all issues that may effect my phone. Don’t know just where you fine the information on any issues on the next Update.

Wondering if you found anything new on our issue (s) we are having ?

Hopefully all and any issues will be corrected with our Murena One Smartphones as I do like not having google on my phone anymore taking control of it and not me in Control of my phone.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Marty.

“Sometimes it never gets sent and a notification popup saying it could not be sent from : com.mediatek.ims.Ims.Ims/App”

—> this problem comes from the processor which is no longer updated by mediatek. All work is now supported by the e/OS developers. It’s makes support and updates complicated

Hi Marty,

Just updated to /e/OS 1.15-s and still the same problem when charging the battery while the phone switched off.

With respect to SMS, I rarely send any SMS so I cannot confirm the problem, but you got a response from Jean-Philippe.

Ciao,

Thanks for the input on mediatek , Jean , I will get in touch with /e/OS and see if they can correct this issue.

Hi jmzama,

Well I guess updating to the latest version in NOT the answer.
Yes I did see and did respond to Jean-Philippe.
I am now working with the /e/OS development team to see if we can correct this issues I have. Will keep you informed when corrected , I hope.

Marty

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know that I’ve the same problem with a GS290 since the update to 1.15.
Patrick.

Just a quick update but nothing new to report.
Still no fix for issues I am having and tried to solve.
Never heard anything back from the /e/OS development team and don’t know what they intend to do about the issue.
Still using the /e/OS 1.14-s with Android 12 and not going to upgrade until these issues are fixed.
Just going to work around them , for now.
Will let you know if anything NEW develops.
Sorry so long for this Update , but have been a little busy.

Marty1

Hi,

Upgraded to /e/OS 1.16-s and still the same issue. Nevertheless, I am confident technical support is investigating the problem. You can follow the issue on gitlab, so you can know when it’s finally solved.

Hi,
Just wondering if anything new has happened. I have not been around for sometime and just checking in now to see what is going on.

Marty1

Hi Marty,

Updating to v1.18 solved the issue. This last night, I switched off the phone and when connected to the charger, the battery charging animation started. This morning, the phone is at 100% battery level, and more important, it is cold; no overheating problem.

Thanks to Murena technical support for solving this annoying problem.

Hi jmzama,

Well thank you for the reply and glad to see you resolved the issue.
As I mentioned before I am still on v1.14 and was afraid to update to v1.15 , v1.16 , v1.17 , or v1.18 .
but they are still there and I was wondering if I should update one at a time or just goto v1.18 and update there ?
Glad to hear battery charging animation started and at 100% with NO OVERHEATING problem…
I guess Murena technical support did solve this annoying problem.
Hopefully it never happens again to anyone’s phone ever again.

Marty1

For all devices where updates are available, you can directly go to the last available build. No need to install all the builds showing up in your updater. In your case, you can install v1.18 directly. It will have the patches and fixes from all the previous updates.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you very much for you responding back to me.
This is exactly what I was wondering , if it would have all the patches and fixes from all the previous updates, and it will have them.
I am updating at this time to v1.18 so I can now charge my Murena One phone without any overheating of the battery.

Thanks to the team and you for all the help.
Have a good day.

Marty1

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.