Murena or any other tablet news?

A tablet with /e/OS T. Tablet name will be shared once we have the go ahead from build team. The release is tied with the launch of the updated Bliss launcher. Release will be delayed and may not be in 2023

Personally I would like to have Tablet with e/OS/.
If I have understood correctly there is no official support for any newer specs tablet.
With nice display and new bluetooth codecs to enjoy movies etc.

Any news on officially supported Tablet with newer specs?

1 Like

The newest tablet device is the Goggle Pixel Tablet, which is officially supported by LineageOS and I did an unofficial build for it:

Still very good is the Samsung Tab S5e, it has a good display and you can enjoy movies on it and it will be supported still the next 3-5 years at least

2 Likes

Me too. Nevertheless, my favorite is the Xiaomi Mi Pad 6 (pipa), 11-inch 1800x2880px high resolution, 10-bit color depth, 144Hz refresh, Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 and Dolby Vision certification. Although it does not (yet) run /e/OS, it does run an official custom ROM (Android 14) based on Lineage code along with Minimal MicroG and is significantly cheaper than a Google Pixel tablet.

You might try if my unofficial /e/OS build works:

For a first clean install you need - e-Recovery

A “Fairtablet” with /e/ OS would be great, but generally, any decent tablet with official support and easy upgrades would be highly appreciated.

Time for a Kickstarter, I guess?

I have some older Lenovo tablet running an unofficial Lineage build and that’s just not the same as a proper /e/ OS build when it comes to convenience and easy use. So for that reason alone I consider retiring the damn thing as I just don’t have the time to constantly maintain it myself.

2 Likes

Fairtablet would be really nice!

I tried to find tablet according suggestion on this thread. Respect to all who are working on unoffical builds!

• Google Pixel Tablet - high price and hard to find it 2. hand. No official support so I skip that.

I managed to find 2. hand Samsung Tab S5e with little bit over 100 euros price. So I am playing with that until Murena or Fairtablet appears! :wink:

The Samsung Tab S5e is still one of the best tablets for /e/OS. However some newer tablets with custom ROMs would be great!

2 Likes

A tablet with /e/OS T. Tablet name will be shared once we have the go ahead from build team. The release is tied with the launch of the updated Bliss launcher. Launch planned early 2024 :crossed_fingers:

wow!

I found this comment from super, super secret place which I will not tell to anyone.

I found your source :wink:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://community.e.foundation