Murena two replacement pieces

I dropped my Murena Two (without protection), and the back is now broken. How can I get replacement parts to repair it?

1 Like

Sorry, you bought the wrong phone ;- ) Seriously, reminder to myself only to buy a fairphone. Display and battery also come to my mind.

Don’t jinx it with teasing others for their choices. Karma might decide to break your Fairphone’s core module :wink: .

Fairphones aren’t exactly cheap (for all the good reasons) and not available in every market.

1 Like

My Fairphone is strong but has low quality details that cost enough money to replace at the end. I already broke 2 back covers, cover of 2 different lens felt and the metal circle around the fingerprint sensor felt too.

Which Fairphone model?

My current phone is from 2014, a Samsung Note 3. Yes, the prices are high and hurt a bit/lot but I am saving money since that date ;- )

I already paid my Karma dues because I already broke twice my display glas and choosed to repair it by myself.

Hopefully for him he will get a spare part!

2 Likes

You can send a mail to helpdesk@e.email and the team will help you further.

3 Likes

The 3, and it is still my top 1.
I wish you to be happy with Samsung, although my S7 is still broken.
Now I am curious to read announcements about what will come up or not to the team in term of spare parts

@Sebu please feedback how it went along…

1 Like

Fairphone is not built with privacy hardware + it is for me a way to give back to /e/ team help make murena even better in the futur than Fairphone.

1 Like

How did it went along?

Here is the reply from the support :

Hi,

Do you want the part, or do you want us to repair it. If you change the back yourself, the warranty would be void.

Changing the backplate, including return shipment of repaired product costs €69. You will need to ship your phone yourself to Murena.

I will check the price of the backplate only and inform you later.

Murena Customer Support

Murena | Choose Freedom

2 Likes

Ridiculous!!!
Check this (from the email sent out at the end of 2023):

📱 Update on Phone Case Delivery
We want to inform you about a slight delay in the shipment of the Murena 2 phone cases, expected to be ready by end of January. To avoid any delay in your phone’s delivery, we’re shipping the Murena 2 now and will send the phone cases separately in February.

🔔 Expect Your Phone Case Soon
Your Murena 2 will arrive without the case, but don’t worry, the case will follow shortly at no extra cost to you.

⚠ Be careful with your phone until the case arrives.

The phone should not have been sent out to customers without the protective case.
Imagine what you would have done if they kept dragging the delivery date of the phone due to problems with the case (as is the case now). Yeah, we all have the phones and the difference between you and me is that you were brave enough to use it and I took the above warning [perhaps too] seriously and barely touched it. So, my M2 has been idling FOR 4 MONTHS NOW!!! To make matters worse: I got a duo set and now have a friend who is way more pissed than I am (same situation: she doesn’t use her M2, either!).
As can be seen, a penalty for your bravery is €69 or - if you dare to fix the phone yourself - they may void the warranty. It is Interesting how this played out!
The question is: would the spare part itself also be prohibitively expensive to get? I thought the high serviceability index meant that users could do those simple fixes themselves. Was I wrong?