My favorite site blocked in browser.. vpn conflict?

Hmmm
I recently changed my wifi router (from a 3g huawei mobile wifi to a newer 4g version)…
suddenly i can’t access my favorite site… keeps giving an error: The connection was reset.
Everything else, ie other sites, telegram chat etc, seem to load just fine…
Now, even when i try the old router again, the site won’t load!

I’m using proton vpn, but i always did…

very frustrated here…
is online anonymity a myth?!

Pleeease help

Could there be a dns setting that blocks access to that webpage?

I forgot to mention i tried a different DNS but same results…
edit: i changed it from “use network dns” to set to opendns…
didn’t see any other options to play with…

Is this happening just on your /e/OS phone or multiple devices / OS ?

For the first there is Settings > System > Reset options > Reset wifi mobile & Bluetooth.

If the second did you try to reboot the router ?

Thanks for the replies…

I did try the resetting options, but it didn’t help…
And i tried a different device/OS… It works… but i don’t have vpn on that device, so…
And like i mentioned, i even switched the sim card back to the old router, but it’s still blocking that one site…

I appreciate your help…

Did you try another web browser?
Site may have stored a cookie in your current browser, with your former IP address.
Also, is you VPN managed by an app, or natively by the Android system?

Wanted to download a different browser: Turns out the Apps app can’t connect, either…
I’m using proton vpn…

As an app on your phone?
Have you tried tweaking the android system vpn settings already?

Or allowed vpn- bypass for fdroid (or else for download of an alternative browser) in proton settings?

Yes, proton vpn as an app on the phone. And in the settings i have “always on vpn”…

Honest question: doesn’t allowing certain apps to bypass it defy the whole idea of a vpn?!

Regarding the original problem: i’m back on the old router which after a couple of factory resets it’s now loading all sites…

Dare i try the new router again??

in general Yes - nevertheless it might well be appropriate for root cause analysis (or only certain apps/services)… which was the whole idea behind my question. Of course one would then think first and connect second (and only to specific sites…).
I did not mean to propose general bypass.

Did the issue get resolved?