My Murena One experience a little more than a month in

I have been using /e/ for the last two years on a oneplus pro 7 phone with a good experience so I was excited when /e/ began releasing phones. I purchased a murena one and below are my experiences with the phone:

The overall integration with the /e/ os is well done and the murena one was very easy to setup. The form a fashion between the phone and /e/ are very well played together. I had no problems with my carrier (US T-mobile) except they have my phone listed as an “unknown device”. The listing as an “unknown device” does have its draw backs with my carrier. I can not access t-mobile virtual voicemail directly on the phone because of the unknown device listing. I have to “call in” to hear a voicemail which is annoying and I feel like I am back in 2001.

The murena one is dated on it specs and really needs a hardware update to at least 2020 device levels… My old One Plus pro 7 (that had /e/) was faster and has better hardware then the current murena one. The bio metric touch on the side really is problematic in a physical sense. I have problems with access the sensor sometimes.

I have encountered a few bugs in the OS. The first is I can not run a VPN using the hotspot setup. If anyone has any help on this it would be great. I have tried moding all the setting with no success at all. I wonder if the the advanced privacy option that is causing the problem with other vpn services. I have it disabled. However I like to use a VPN service when I am hotspoting on my laptop unfortunately I can not do that anymore with the murena one. It worked fine with my One plus pro 7 with /e/ which did not have the advanced privacy option.

The second bug is with bluetooth. Sometimes the phone will link with my bluetooth device (headphones, car, etc) and it will start calling a phone number and not stop. After a reboot of the phone it will begin working correctly

The third bug is sometime the phone will not ring. This normally occurs when the bluetooth bug has happened. I want to like the murena one but after my experience so far I think the murena one is not ready for prime time. imo it would be better just to run a beta /e/ on another supported phone than put the money down for the murena one in its current state. My plan is to dump the murena one and go with another phone with /e/ or linage

3 Likes

I’m full agree with you. I’ve lot of issues with the fingerprint on my murena one and he drain lot of battery when the screen is off…

It is funny you mentioned the battery drain issue as I just noticed a battery problem last night. I believe they need to take this phone back to beta testing and stop selling it to the public. I wish I could purchase the Samsung or the fairphone but the US market only allows the murena one and the tetacube 2e. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

Try to disable the fingerprint reader and replace Bliss launcher by another launcher and you will see that it transforms this phone! It will be much faster and smoother with a very low battery consumption!

3 Likes

What’s a good launcher to try out?

1 Like

See my response in a different thread:

2 Likes

I installed ruthless launcher which is excellent and without trackers

1 Like

Bonjour, est-ce que cela signifie que le launcher d’origine de Murena est peu fiable ? Je suis un peu perplexe…

Je n’ai pas dis ça. Je dis simplement que le software du Murena One n’est pas optimisé, notamment sur le lecteur d’empreintes et le launcher d’origine

Ok j’avais un peu transformé ton propos. Excuse !
J’hésite toujours entre acheter un Murena One, un Fairphone ou un appareil reconditionné. J’espère surtout que je serai totalement débarrassé de la kyrielle d’applications qui encombrent actuellement mon Galaxy et qu’il n’y a pas moyen d’éliminer, même avec Shelter ou app similaire…
A+

1 Like

Pas de soucis. Pour quelqu’un qui n’a pas de gros besoins et qui est prêt a faire quelques concessions, le Murena One est une bonne option. Mais si je devais revenir en arrière, je prendrai le Fairphone 4. J’ai compris (trop tard) que c’est lui le fer de lance de /e/os. Il aura toujours les mises a jours en premier, un meilleur suivi et une longévité logicielle supérieure grâce a son hardware contrairement au Murena One sur lequel ils ont deja du mal a porter Android 12 et commencent a reporter sa mise a jour (j’ai echangé avec quelqu’un de leur staff)

1 Like

I will try that. Have you had the VPN hotspot bug occur as I noted in the first post?

No because I don’t use my vpn anymore. It conflicts with Advance Privacy, they have to solve this normally

bonsoir, Hé bien j’ai mon MurenaOne depuis 15 jours. Effectivement le lecteur d’empreintes est un peu instable, mais celui de mon ancien Samsung Galaxy l’est tout autant.

Qu’est ce qu’on gagne à installer un autre Launcher ? Est-ce qu’on se retrouve devant une autre ribambelle de paramètres alors qu’il est déjà pas évident de s’y retrouver dans l’arborescence standard. Ou bien cela n’a rien à voir ??

Ce qui m’ennuie fort est un comportement aléatoire de l’écran dont la luminosité peut varier frénétiquement… Depuis quelques heures il est calme ! La réponse du helpdesk n’a pas fort aidé

Autre chose : le correcteur orthographique est parfois loufoque. Je suis en français avec clavier Azerty et il me propos des mots anglais puis soudainement retombe sur ses pattes.

Perso j’abandonne avec ce téléphone. J’ai commencé l’aventure /e/os avec mon vieux Galaxy S8 et j’en étais globalement satisfait malgré des versions bêtas, autant là ce Murena One m’a énormément déçu.

Le virage commercial qu’à pris la e fondation est flagrant mais de là a refourguer un téléphone aussi mauvais à 350€ (tant au niveau hardware que de la conception et de l’assemblage) c’est se foutre des gens qui avaient confiance en eux.

Helpdesk : répondent quand ils noublient pas
Sur Twitter : le community manager fait l’autruche et renvoi au helpdesk
Quant à Gaël Duval, ce n’est même pas pensable de lui poser une question à propos du Murena One. Soit il ne répond pas, soit il fait une réponse générique fermée.

Donc pour ma part, /e/os c’est terminé. J’irais peut être voir du côté de iodé os (quand j’aurai digéré ma perte sèche de 350€), sinon je garderai mon vieux Android googlisé qui a défaut d’être un nids a mouchards, fonctionne correctement et sans broncher depuis plus de 3 ans lui…

gloups, pas joyeux.
Finalement j’ai fait une réinstallation complète et pour le moment il fonctionne bien.
Le helpdesk m’avait proposé le retour en garantie mais je pense pouvoir y échapper
Et je garde mon Samsung Galaxy 2017 dont la batterie devient caduque,µ