Navigation App is Junk

Here exactly the same. This app drives you but not the way it should…
it drives you insane :wink:

What about changing voice in settings ?

1 Like

You can change the voice in Settings>General>Sound>Text to Speech. There’s a lot of different good voice options. I don’t know why the default is the robotic text-to-speech option.

The e navigation app is Magic Earth under the hood.
I used this back since 2018 and it never really let me down besides some usage mistakes.
In short … I’m a fan of it!

1 Like

Have you tried maps.me? good alternative in my opinion.

Hello,

I’m on Mi8 with /e/os 1.4 Android 11 (perfectly working) and i’m daily using Organic Maps downloaded from f-droid. (Location is quite good and you can have offline maps if you want).
As @noodlejetski wrote, Organic Maps is a real nice alternative to Magic Earth.
K.
PS) : even in Kazakhstan (where I am now). OM is useful!

Hello @Manoj
I am having the same problem with the GPS on my Fairphone 3 with e/OS.
Ever since 1.5 update things became worse. Maps gps does not work. OSMAND no GPS at all. Here WeGo is the only one that seems to work more or less but the voice is terrible metallic computer voice.

Do you perhaps have any suggestion how to enhance the GPS or what other Navigation software to use. I tried so many…
Have a good weekend!

I am having a lot of trouble with OSMand ever since the 1.5 update of E/OS do you recognize this @noodlejetski ?

no, because 1. I haven’t used /e/ for a while in favour of CalyxOS and 2. I haven’t used OSMAnd for literal years.

1 Like

Thank you @noodlejetski . Do you prefer CalyxOS compared to e/OS? I liked e/OS very much in the beginning but more and more problems show up.