New Android Phone for /e/ . Best purchase and what is supported

Hi I need to purchase a new phone and what to move to /e/ but I notice the supported devices seem old. Can I get some advice on what device and how I can update a 2020 phone.

Waterproof and a decent camera;

Cheers

Elliot

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

For example:

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ | S9 / S9+ have the protection class IP68 / IP68 certification

Galaxy S8 SM-G950F / Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F
Android 9 , with Security patch Mar 2020

Galaxy S9 SM-G960F / Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F
Android 10 , with Security patch Mar 2020

The camera is ultimately only as good as the camera software. And it is well known that custom ROMs are inferior to proprietary manufacturer software.

https://e.foundation/product/e-os-galaxy-s8-refurbished/

https://e.foundation/product/e-os-galaxy-s9-refurbished/

https://e.foundation/product/e-os-galaxy-s9-plus-refurbished/

@elliotrock I am selling my S9 Exynos SM-G960F

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S 128GB (sometimes available for $250) — by many aspects it is equal to S9+, but at the same time applies a very different approach. The body is made of ceramic, although it is not waterproof

OnePlus 7 Pro — has many negative points, such as high SAR level, lack of wireless charging or water resistance, but with a very high price tag. However, this is definitely the most advanced hardware for eOS today.

1 Like

I’m also looking for a device but sadly there is basically nothing. The only e compatible phone that comes near my Huawei Mate 20 x or Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is the Oneplus 7 Pro.
I don’t know why e only supports small phones.

You can sort by year or by size in this table if you want :

/e/ supported devices table

1 Like

I choosed the smallest one the s4mini,
you can choose the biggest.
If you want a large screen, you also can choose a Tablet
use /e/ on a tablet

thanks for you reply. When would the S20 series ROM happen? I know its hard as this seems to be an open source community. Although I am a software engineer (Tech Lead) I have not had much exp with the java world.

S9+ looks good though.

Thanks mate. Definately looking for a larger screen. I have a ios 6plus atm. the S9+ looks good.

Dumb questions. I assume I can use normal android apps too? Like Instagram?

The Oneplus 7 pro is the only real phablet. And even that one is already smaller than my phones. That’s why I said there’s basically no phone.

And a tablet? Not sure how I’m going to have phone calls or put it in my pocket.

Galaxy S9+ 6.2 inches, 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio

In preparation are:

Galaxy S8+ 6.2 inches, 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio

Galaxy Note 8.0- 8.0 inches, 800 x 1280 pixels, 16:10 ratio

You might consider a Fairphone 3. It’s not waterproof but it was released in 2019 and there’s currently a beta test running for it’s /e/ release.

Cheers. I just purchased a S9+ plus as I can’t buy from here as I am in Australia. Next steps will be to setup /e/ once I get it :slight_smile:

Very important!

Models supported by /e/ OS

• SM-G965F
  • SM-G965F/DS
  • SM-G965N

Other models are not supported!

shit.
SAMSUNG S9 S9 Plus SMG960 SMG965 LTE OCTA CORE UNLOCKED SMARTPHONE

What do the abbreviations mean? F, F/DS and N

Country centric?

I had no idea there were different S9+ I got off Ebay and contacted the seller. Hope to exchange or get a refund :confused:

Follow the links:

Samsung Galaxy S9+ - “star2lte” SM-G965F (sinlge SIM)

Samsung Galaxy S9+ model list

With us in Germany/Europe we have a right of objection of at least 14 days for online purchases from companies.

1 Like

Similar laws in Australia, I have asked the seller if they have those models, if not a refunded. Politely of course :slight_smile: