New browser add on from the EFF

Here is a new add on for web browsers for phone and PC’s from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Hope this is welcome here and suspect it will be:

A good read also:

JETS

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I use it in some desktop browsers :slight_smile:

For /e/ Browser, you may try https://avoidthehack.com/manually-install-extensions-ungoogled-chromium
(didn’t try it myself :wink: ).

Thanks. That’s really an important one, but not that new - I’d guess it was initially published something like 10 years ago…

2 Likes

The article preview here says “7 Oct 11”, so that sounds about right :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thanks all for your reply… I’ve missed that by ten years LOL.

The only reason I found it is when I went to add Flagfox to my browser I noticed it near the top of the addon listing. Not sure if I missed it in the past or Mozilla pushed it up near top of list?

Anyway seems like a nice addition for my browser, always looking to improve privacy. In fact I refused to purchase a smart phone unit I discovered e. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks you to the community you are :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: a 10.

Make it 11 years. Published around 2010.

The best today from EFF is Privacy Badger. This doesn’t mean to solve everything, but it definitely excels at cleaning trackers…