New user: no mobile internet service

As I say in the title I’m a new user of system. I have the Terracube 2e and everything works as expected as long as I am in range of my home wifi. When I’m out of wifi range (anytime I leave home) the phone cannot find the internet.

Under Settings->Network and Internet->Mobile Network my cell provider’s name appears.
When I click on than I show 0 B used, Mobile Data switch is ON.

I’ve tried Roaming switch both ON and OFF but that changed nothing (never needed it with a company phone, but I’m at the point of trying anything).

What am I missing?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @ECWasHere welcome.

First guess, APN settings … your carrier probably thinks you should get them by some magic distribution, but you probably need them sent the old school way. (If this guess is right, in fairness to the carrier, he doesn’t know that you just wiped your data partition, since he last served you!)

I suggest you call your carrier, describe the issue, and ask them to send you the Access Point Names, APN.

1 Like

APN settings for carriers are usually posted online as well.

Also, what preferred network type is selected? Should probably be LTE.

2 Likes

Yes, VoLTE is ON by default and I saw no reason to turn it off.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the quick and helpful replies.

APN was what was missing and the correct settings are available online from the carrier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.