Nextcloud and /e/

Ok, please be gentle as I’m not very techie, but I need help understanding something. I want to use Nextcloud so that I can control what files are synced. I have registered with e-cloud but other than the very basic choices on the account (like whether or not to sync photos and videos) I can’t seem to choose which files I can sync. For example it’s currently syncing my audiobooks, and that is just taking up space. So I read a post where someone said use Nextcloud, as then you can have complete control over what is synced. Could someone please tell me how to set up Nextcloud? I presume it uses the /e/ server, but I have no idea how to achieve that. I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks

Hi, e.drive is Nextcloud. You can use the nextcloud app to select which folder you will sync. But don’t forget, it’s not a sync, it’s an automatic uploader. That means, that all selected files from device will be uploaded to e.drive (Nextcloud)
If you add a file in e.drive you have to download it to your phone manually. If you want a real sync you need a app like ‘folder sync’. With ‘folder sync’ you can select which folder will be automatically synced in both ways.

1 Like

Maybe it’ll help » Nextcloud User Manual

The link to the "Nextcloud 15 " PDF was offered to me when I set up e-mail account today.

But when I click on the Nextcloud app icon, it asks me to log in and then asks for a server address https://… Could you tell me what I need to put in there? Thanks

Please use webbrowser for e.drive login

In files section scoll down. There you will find the webdav adress from your e.drive https://ecloud.global

Thanks harvey - that’s great!

Always welcome. Have fun :wink:

Syncthing by F-Droid

Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it’s transmitted over the Internet.

Is this an adequate alternative to “FolderSync” ? Has anyone had any experience with it?

I have tried it, but haven’t found a way the sync with nextcloud / e.drive.

I added a file in eCloud folder Documents. How can I then download that to my phone manually?
Thanks!