No answer to three of my e-mails/Unhappy with Samsung s9+

Hello Ebs,
There is a misunderstanding. Whether you are able to factory reset your phone, is not related to the refund you will get. We always help to fix phones, and if you are not able to fix them, we can fix it when we receive it.
I hope you understand that we cannot offer a full refund for a phone which was used for a year. I suggest we continue this discussion on the helpdesk.

For me, there is a broken link, @Shenol, fixed.

Another user, Bootloop after installing V0.21 on preinstalled /e/ S9 - #4 by quadcopterman, suggested that the method was not complete.

It is not intuitive that the small button which as @Shenol says reads ā€œDo not installā€ (on the subject of TWRP.apk) leads to completion of the method. Or are there any other details not intuitive?

Hi,
I fixed the link. It is the one you mentioned. I donā€™t understand the question about do not install, this button prevents the TWRP app being installed on the desktop of the OS. What fixes the issue is formatting data. Are you saying that format data did not do the factory reset for you?

My apologies @Shenol, :blush: the question mark was not directed to you! My contribution was aimed at seeing the solution to ota-upgrade well documented.

I would better have posted: if this instruction set does not provide the solution please ask for more detail.

Thanks for the clarification:

Last year when i bought the phone there was at least a year warranty on the hardware. (2 years according to the documentation, @manoj see below). Where do you see 14-day warranty for phones bought last year? Have you documentation you can share?

Now, since feb, the hardware doesnā€™t work. Itā€™s effectively not usable for me. I did NOT use the phone for a year because it started giving me grief last nov! This was not my fault, and it was /e/ā€™s. Id say (and i think most people reading would agree) thatā€™s worthy of a return according to the 1 year usability warranty. If not, you might have some more questions to answerā€¦

Ah, maybe i see the misunderstanding youā€™re talking about; thereā€™s a 14-day RETURN policy, presumably just in case you donā€™t like the phone for whatever reasonā€¦ And a 1 year WARRANTY (NOT 2) presumably used when the phone has problems that make it unusableā€¦

glad we got that sorted out: one less source of.ambiguity.

Just saw your last lineā€¦ i agree to.continue it at the helpdesk; i intend to keep our community updated here in the forum as well

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.