No camera after clean install latest /e/ Rom Oneplus 3T

Hello!

I did a clean install (e-0.12-q-2020110883452-dev-oneplus3) of my Oneplus 3T using TWRP.
Both the camera app included with the /e/ Rom as third party camera apps don’t function.
The app takes quite some time to load, the screen turns black and menu’s don’t show.

Before I installed the /e/ rom I had Oneplus’ Oxygen OS installed.
I wasn’t able to flash the new /e/ Rom directly: the installation was aborted due to outdated firmware.
I flashed the following firmware: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261641725 and afterwards the installation succeeded without any problems.

Please contact me if you need more information to solve this bug.

Thank you for the help!

John

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @jtdaling, Not sure I can be of much help but at least I can welcome you to the forum with this reply! :smiley:

I updated my OP3T a few days ago (see this post) to end up on the dev build previous to the one you are on.

I have just now taken an OTA update to the latest e-0.12-q-2020110883452 which installed itself seamlessly onto the phone. Camera and video are working fine.

I don’t know enough about firmware versions etc to help, but would that affect how a system app installs? Not sure. Others on the forum should be able to help.

If this is your first time with eOS it might be worth trying a clean install again, but of the penultimate build: 20201105. This way you could then test the OTA update process into the bargain.

1 Like

Thank chrisrg!
I solved the problem!
First I installed the latest (Android 9) stock OxygenOS rom again via ADB.
Then I installed the /e/ Rom recovery img.
After rebooting into the /e/ recovery I was able to install /e/ via ADB and it now runs without any problems.

It seems that TWRP cannot be used with /e/'s android Q version.

Well done @jtdaling, glad you got the phone up and running.

I don’t think TWRP would be the problem necessarily though, unless it didn’t like the version you used. Did you use twrp-3.4.0-0-oneplus3.img by any chance?

I have always used twrp-3.3.1-1-oneplus3.img which has proved itself to work and is currently installed on my OP3T.

I couldn’t get the newer eRecovery to install on my phone lol! :joy: