No Graphics After e/OS install on Zenfone 8

Hi there,
I just installed latest e/OS (e-1.1 built) on a phone according to https://doc.e.foundation/devices/sake/install which had latest Lineage OS (19.1).
After I rebooted the phone everything went ok except I had no graphics at all. Could not see anything on the screen except white bars on top and bottom of the screen.
Had to hard reboot the phone to try to get somewhere and I still cannot install Lineage OS back on (don’t know if I want to try e/OS again :frowning:

Any help/ideas on what’s going on.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi you did not follow the instructions correctly.

The tip: you should read as necessary

aution: Do not install /e/OS on top of a higher version of stock OS. Before installing /e/OS ensure your device has the latest stock OS of the same version as /e/OS. If only lower versions of the stock are available then install the last available lower version before installing /e/OS.

Tip: Before installing /e/OS on the ASUS ZenFone 8 sake for the first time, install the latest stock OS version 11 build on the device

solution:
You can downgrade via Android 12 Developer Preview Program | ASUS Global howto rever back to Android 11
after that
you need a working recovery
With me that succeeded in 2 times first with /e/ recovery that did not work immediately, then twrp tried and then you can install /e/

watch out

read my other posts and people who helped me

you can also wait until September when /e/ upgrade to A12

succes

1 Like

OIC…so it does need the stock rom…crap :frowning:

Thanks…much appreciated