No luck of getting /e/ onto my OnePlus8

The issue looks like a mix of Android 11 and 13.

Android does not expect you to downgrade (but EDL should allow it).

You really want a ROM that does not involve downgrade from the last thing running.

1 Like

so should I try to flash the lineage 20 version which was installed before I ran in this trouble?

That would be the easiest thing to try.

1 Like

I must kiss you guys for your expertise and your patience! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Big thanks to @aibd @Xxpsilon @piero !!
I flashed Lineage 20 again AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

OK - @aibd you this before:

How can I now manage to flash /e/ without running into that trouble again?
Should I first try to flash Android 11 via the MSM tool and begin from the start (unlocking bootloader etc.)
or is there a way to directly going to /e/ with the dev bouild that you suggested?

1 Like

@Spaceghos7
Be sure to follow the instructions in this /e/OS documentation:
LineageOS 20.0 explicitly requires the Android 13 firmware to be installed first:

Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 13 firmware.

If installing the stable build, please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 11 firmware.

2 Likes

Great!

Everything went smooth!
thanks for all your help.

One more question though:
Should I now lock the bootloader again?
AFAIK the easy installer does this. I know about the security reasons - but I would like to know if there is a chance I could brick my phone by relocking the bootloader?

Good to hear you succeeded :slightly_smiling_face:

No, you cannot relock the bootloader. If it is not in the install instructions, it should not be done.

There is a list of the small number of devices where bootloader can be locked here [LIST] Devices where bootloader can be relocked

1 Like

Relockable: No
The CalyxOS team, known for being able to relock the bootloader on all their supported devices, have stopped further development for the OnePlus-8-family because they ultimately failed to relock the bootloader without negative consequences (‘brick’).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.