No "paste" function?

Hello all, I’m new to /e/ OS, using 1.21.1 on a Fair Phone 4. The only thing I don’t love about it a disappearing “paste” function. Yes, you read that right. I’ve searched the standard android forums and not come across a similar problem and it doesn’t look like it’s popped up here either. I can highlight and “copy” text just fine, but no “paste” option appears when I tap in any text field on any app (“autofill” does appear, however). I checked all keyboard settings and didn’t even see an option to turn paste off. I typically use Nova launcher but have found the issue remains when using Bliss as well.

I can remedy this temporarily by booting into safe mode, where paste works again. After restarting normally it will continue to work for a few hours, then the issue returns. I haven’t noticed it starting after using a particular app but I am assuming an app I installed is causing this. I wanted to see if you have any thoughts before I start the process of uninstalling/reinstalling my 3rd party applications to find the culprit. Please let me know if you think I’m on the right track or if I missed something.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It’s a little strange that a user-installed App would interfere in this way only after hours, but there are stranger things I guess, and if it consistently works in safe mode, then a user-installed App is the best guess to be the culprit, and you would be on the right track, I think.

1 Like