No Sync between selfhosted ecloud instance and phone Poco F3

So, it’s probably not a Nextcloud (self-hosted or not) problem, but definitively an /e/Drive Android app problem :confused:

@ all: I’m not experiencing such problems for now, so it will be difficult for me to reproduce & debug!
Anyway, there are plenty of threads here about /e/Drive …

@erothoff
Have you tried Nextcloud’s Desktop Client? Another way to test connectivity and syncing, with your self-hosted

@smu44 :
For resetting the /e/drive service I tested but no change unfortunately…

Well, 1st of all, I don’t have a seperate /e/ Drive app that I can find on either phone. But when I add the Nextcloud app, it connects fine to my self hosted server. (And when I then remove it, it stops syncing.) Also, I can find the pictures on the self hosted server under files Picture or Photo, I don’t see a way to download the pictures on the server back to the phone. (Like when you switch phones.)

@erothoff
The /e/drive app appears when you enable “show system process” in app > options (three vertical points on right I suppose).

1 Like

I think this is an /e/ drive issue, not a self hosting server issue. Resetting the Pixel 4a, and Motorola Lake will not connect to either my self hosted account nor my e.email account. Deleting and readding accounts on my Pixel 5 does not give me access again to my /e/ drive. I can’t reinstall the Pixel 5 because e-latest-s-redfin.zip doesn’t pass in integrity test on Germany VPN, US VPN or regular internet. Also tried restarting the phone with the power plugged in, and disabling /e/ drive and then turning on syncing again. But it works with the Next Cloud client, just not /e/ drive:

When I looked at the Show debug info and found this:
org.tasks.permission.READ_TASKS: denied
org.tasks.permission.WRITE_TASKS: denied
at.techbee.jtx.PERMISSION.READ: denied
at.techbee.jtx.PERMISSION.WRITE: denied

I wonder who is making this “integrity test” ?

I would rely on the sha256sum published with the downloaded ROM. Is this correct ?

Yes it is the sha256sum test that the program automatically does. I just didn’t remember the name.

Yesterday I’ve upgraded my phone (Poco F3) to the /e/OS 1.17 and the sync (files and photos) is automaticaly return on in my selfhosted VM. It’s great ! So this topic is definitively closed ! thanks to all ! Bye Bye !

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.