No text notifications - Pixel

/e/ on a Pixel, latest build, using the default “Message” app. When I receive a text message, my phone does not make a sound or turn on the light. I get sounds with other events, such as incoming voice calls, update notifications, battery notifications, etc., just not for texts. I have looked at the settings and permissions for the messenger app and notifications generally, and they seem correct. I can choose different sounds to be used for a text notification, and I hear it when I choose it, but it doesn’t sound when a message comes in. Do not disturb is off.
Any ideas?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

On the notification you receive without sound, long press on it, then press on the “i” at the top right of the notification.
OR
Go in Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Message.

Click on the “Notifications” tab.
Click on the highlighted category (“Default”), then “Behavior” and select “Make sound and pop on screen”.

That is the setting I have, but still no sound is actually made when I receive a text.

That’s weird… I guess there is one little thing we miss…

On /e/ v1.11 this is still present i went ahead and made a report on the gitlab https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7019

This topic was automatically closed after 178 days. New replies are no longer allowed.