Not able to import Contacts from/Import error (invalid file format)

Hi /E/ Mail says I am unable to import contacts from my Macbook Pro Contacts app because of an invalid file format, even though I have exported it to my home folder in a vCard format.

are you really talking about the Mail app ? I haven’t found an option to import contacts into mail app ?!?!
Could you pls share a scren shot how are you trying ?

It’s depends on vcard format version. 2.1 vs 3.0. I think you’ll have to convert your vcard To 2.1 if it is not.

pls, can me someone tell how to import contacts into mail app. I have searched on mail app from e and in K9, but I don’t find a way / point where I can import contacts.

my mail app is “looking” into the contacs app and doesn’t have his own contacs (what make sense)

Normally you have to import the contacts via vCard with e.drive. After sync with e you can find them in mail app. But the import of vcf files in e.drive has a know bug.

Thanks for the info. Was able to import to /e/ drive, but is not able to sync to mail app though.

once again, what do you mean with sync to mail app. The mail app doesn’t have his own conacts. It’s working with the standart contacts which you can find under contacts.
If there are no contacts found in contatacts app, you have to setup your e.drive access incl. adressbook sync under ‘accounts’. pls check, if you will find an extra row for adress book sync under accounts.

Hi !
I have the same problem, the mails sync but I’m not able to add an account in the contact app.
The automatic log in doesn’t work (not able to verify name and password), and if I try advanced log in, it asks “address of the server” , “path of the server”, “port” and wether using SSL or not.
Any idea ?
Thank you !!

You must set it up via ‘accounts’ / WebDav’

If it isn’t working you can try DavX5 from f-froid as a workaround

Thank you Harvey.
Just what is WabDav ? I only see CardDav and CalDav on my mac when I try to make a new account.
Capture d’écran 2020-01-22 à 14.06.30
Here is an image of the possibilities I have for making a new account.

When you talk about DavX5, how can it be useful on the computer ?
(Everything is ok on my phone, it’s only the contact app on the mac that does not recognize /e/)

Sorry, I have misunderstood. I thought you where talking about your phone. On your Mac it is CardDav.
CardDav = Contact sync
CalDav = Calendar sync
(WebDav = file sync)

THank you !
So I have “CoreDAVHTTPStatusErrorDomain erreur 405”
Any idea ?

No sorry, as far as I remember, there are some other Mac user with problems syncing contacts