Notifications delayed with two different apps

Hi there!

I have recently installed e/OS on my FP4, and I notice a weird thing with the notifications. Most often they work well, but a couple of times now I got notified for something that ended a couple of hours previously. The native agenda app sent me a notification several days after an event (I think I got the actual notification 15 min before the event as expected, and a second one several days later). And last night, my parking app sent me the notification that my parking was ending at 3 a.m. even though the parking ended at 5 p.m. the day before… Once again, I think I got the notification at the right time, but I am unsure.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?
I am using e/os 1.16 on FP4 with Lawnchair launcher.

Thanks!

Im on a fairphone 4 and have been finding my calendar app notifications have been buzzing 12-48 hours after the event, even if they alerted me properly before the event as well.

Upgraded to 1.17 a couple of days ago, I haven’t had the problem for now, but it was not that often to begin with, so let’s see. Fingers crossed that the update solved the issue.

I was hopeful, but no… yesterday evening, around 23:00, a notification rang for an appointment that happened on December 07.

parking app notification timers should be different in origin from calendar notifications (are you talking about the default calendar app - you call it native agenda app - exclusively or is there another calendar app involved?).

The default calendar apps notifications work system-side only. A 3rd party app could use networked notifications (push messages).

Yes. I get Calendar alerts days after the event. And the alert sound is so faint, I rarely notice it. I still use the calendar on my iMac and MacBook Pro and rely on them.

I’m using the default calendar app here. I haven’t installed any other calendar app.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.