Notifications not following settings

Hi,

I have triple-checked my notification settings, and I have turned off all e-mail notifications, but still I get email notification for calendar events, which is quite annoying.

I believe this has to do with Nextcloud 26, as it started on November 8th, just after the deploy of the new release described in this notification:

3 november 2023 06:12 Service announcement
Dear Erik, On Tuesday, November 7 there will be a 2h maintenance on murena.io, from 3:30 to 5:30 UTC. We will deploy a new release based on the latest Nextcloud 26 image, which includes performance improvements, bug fixes and security patches. We hope the new version pleases you and overcomes the inconvenience of this service disruption. The Murena team

Help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Warm regards,

Erik

You mention your online settings for understandable reasons, but I wonder what shows on the device. If I set an email notification it shows like this on the device.

My calendar app doesn’t distinguish between notifications or emails… :stuck_out_tongue:

But if I get bombarded with emails whereas I didn’t get any e-mails before the update, something went wrong during the update, not on my device, right? Also, if the e-mail with the notification tells me in its footer that I can edit the email ánd notification settings online, I think that should be the place where I can edit them.

I guess I was trying to help identify where the problem was coming from ! :slight_smile:

Yes … sure.

I don’t have the issue and I have made no changes from default, BUT I did not so far see the Murena notifications offering to send email for Calendar events. So I was tentatively thinking it was coming from the device.

Edit but quite possibly via “murena” in some non anticipated way, perhaps.

Might be worth sharing which calendar you use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.