OnePlus 6 sous Android 10

Bonjour à tous

Je compte passer sous /e/ ce week end .
Mais dans la masse d’information je n’arrive pas à savoir si avec mon Oneplus 6 sous android 10 je peux y passer ?

Si vous pouviez m’éclairer sur ce point.

Merci d’avance

ENGLISH

Good morning to all

I’m planning on going under /e/ this weekend.
But in the mass of information I can’t find out if I can go with my Oneplus 6 under android 10?

If you could enlighten me on that.

Thank you in advance.

sancho

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi, welcome in the community :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s a big deal to go to /e/OS Pie from Android 10, but I’m not a OnePlus expert so wait for a confirmation.

(In case it doesn’t work, make sure you know how to flash the stock ROM and the stock recovery before trying.)

/e/ documentation Install /e/ on a OnePlus 6 - “enchilada”

Warning : Do not attempt to downgrade your smartphone in case you are on Android Q / LOS 17.0 or Android Pie / LOS 16.x.

Downgrading a device from Q or Pie to Oreo or Nougat operating system can cause your device to brick and become unusable.

If you are on these OS versions Please stop at this point and continue using your current Operating System.

In my experience, these warningson the website /e/ documentation Install /e/ on a OnePlus 6 - “enchilada” are no longer relevant since /e/ OS 9-pie e-0.7-p- / e-0.8-p-2020*.

Changing the operating system from stockROM Oxygen OS 10 to /e/ OS 9-pie usually causes little to no problems. But if you want to be on the safe side, do a stockROM downgrade from Oxygen OS 10 to Oxygen OS 9 and then install the e/ ROM latest “enchilada” dev build.

thank you for your welcome and feedback.

Thank you, Archje.
I will follow your advice and switch my ROM from OxygenOS10 to OS9 pie and follow the installation instructions e/ ROM latest “enchilada” dev build.

Hoping that all goes well. :grimacing:

Yeah, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take your time and read more here:

OnePlus 6 Install Instructions : Read these instructions and follow them carefully.

1 Like

so just to tell you that I passed (not without problems but it’s good).
I’m thrilled :wink:
however do you know how I can remove the native applications from /e/ ?

so just to tell you that I passed (not without problems but it’s good).
I’m thrilled :wink:
however do you know how I can remove the native applications from /e/ ?

Bravo (!) @sancho. Welcome to the /e/ club.

Which native applications do you mean in particular?

I want to delete (music, notes, mail , browser and message) because I have alternatives

music	=  package:/system/priv-app/Eleven/Eleven.apk=org.lineageos.eleven
notes 	=  package:/system/app/Notes/Notes.apk=foundation.e.notes
mail	=  package:/system/app/Mail/Mail.apk=foundation.e.mail
browser =  package:/system/app/Browser/Browser.apk=foundation.e.browser
message	=  package:/system/app/Message/Message.apk=foundation.e.message

Uninstall default apps

1 Like

You will be able to delete native apps without trick at the V1, planned to September 2020.

ok . top . thank you Anonyme

Hi, I did it 2 months ago. I “bricked” the phone, BUT there is a solution.

You can use a tool (link below) to return to factory state (android 8 or 9).
And the, you will be able to install /e/. (if you do that, don’t isntall TWRP, just BOOT twrp).

Use this version android 9 stock (not the one in the link XDA android 8) : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117936338

How to use the application : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/tool-msmdownloadtool-v4-0-international-t3798892

Connect your usb cable on computer, Shut the phone, press volume + 5seconds, keep volume + and plug USB c , then release volume button. Then start the application MSM.

Also, I’m very happy with /e/ on oneplus 6 but there is 2 “difficulties” :

1.There is no OTA : you have to upgrade manually by doing the update like you would on OTA first and “finish” the job with fastboot in recovery (not twrp).

1. There is no swipe gesture to use “back” and “home” fonctions. I found an app (after long research) that does it very well : Fluid N.G or Fluid Navigation Gesture. You’ll have to be rooted or if not, you’ll have to use adb with a command prompt on your computer.

Or, you can wait /e/ V1 android Q.

Good luck.