OnePlus - 7 Pro - guacamole - Documentation Suggestions

Please add your suggestions to improve the documentation for the OnePlus - 7 Pro - guacamole here …

The Unlocking the bootloader section has the following alternate instructions for booting into fastboot mode:

With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power

This key combination was used for older OnePlus models, but for OnePlus 7 Pro, the new combination is Volume Up + Volume Down + Power. I can confirm this for my own phone, though I don’t have other new models to test this on.

Installing TWRP is a prerequisite for installing /e/, but it seems that the official build of TWRP is not working on OnePlus devices running Android 10. Instead, we can install an unofficial build, put together by Mauronofrio and hosted at Android File Host. They actually host builds for a number of different phones, as can be seen at the side of the screen, so you can choose your device from there.

As I write this, the most recently available files are twrp-3.3.1-75-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip and twrp-3.3.1-75-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img both available at https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297426, but you may need to explore their repositories (the first link in this post) to find the most recent ones whenever you read this.

I sifted through a lot of outdated tutorials, and finally found success with this one, which also acknowledges the issue with TWRP on Android 10, and explains how to adjust the tutorial’s steps to use the unofficial build files. Once you get to around step 17 on that tutorial, you’ll have TWRP installed, and can switch back to using the regular /e/ documentation, from step 3 of the last section, “Installing /e/ from recovery”.

Also worth pointing out, the .zip file for TWRP, as well as the .zip file containing /e/ OS, need to be stored locally on your phone, which I didn’t think was immediately obvious - I thought it might be possible to install to your phone with them stored on your computer alone, but I figured out the hard way when I was deep in the throes of recovery mode, that you need to have either already downloaded them before you start, or push them to your phone’s internal storage with adb. None of these tutorial’s explained how to do the second one, so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have to, or you’re already comfortable with adb!

I’ve just installed e/OS/ on my OP7 Pro with Android R. The steps provided in instructions weren’t exactly how I did it.
So, I unlocked bootloader, installed e-recovery, I have a problem with finding how to start ADB Sideload since in recovery there’s not such option, I wanted to run this copy partition script, so I choose Apply Update, and everythings work well.
I think that steps for TWRP and e-recovery should be divided.

My OP7pro is running /e/OS Version R (Android 11). I want to upgrade to S (Android 12), but only if it can be done “dirty”. I do not want to delete and lose everything on it - that’s way too much of a hussle. So no intentions to factory reset, flash stock 12 and then /e/OS 12. Than I’d rather stay on Android 11.

Does anyone know if I can just dirty flash /e/OS S (Android 12) via ADB/Recovery? My current version of 11 is “Dev” - I would switch to 12 “Dev”.