OnePlus 7 pro problems with latest OS

1. Upgrade from Android 11 to Android 12 OxygenOS 12 first.

2. Now you can install /e/OS-T or R

There are at least three different methods to install Android 12 OxygenOS 12. One of them is: Flash Stock Firmware on OnePlus 7 Pro via Fastboot One of them is (in abbreviated form):

1. Download Android 12 OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus 7/7T/7T Pro
  2. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
  3. Unlock Critical Partitions on OnePlus
  4. fastboot -w
  5. fastboot flash aop_a aop.img
    fastboot flash aop_b aop.img
    fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash bluetooth_b bluetooth.img

fastboot reboot bootloader
1 Like

I face the same issue with Oneplus8Pro…
After having read your description… Is there any way to do this without loosing the Datapartition or will the upgrade to T always come with a full new setup?

2 Likes

Thanks! This worked for me.

Thanks for all the replies in this thread, but after reading all the stuff I am more confused than before.
On my phone OnePlus 7T, which I use as daily driver - including banking apps etc - there is Android 11. 7e/ os version is 1.21-r-20240322388914-stable-hotdogb.
Can someone please be so kind and clarify, if there is a way to upgrade the phone without loosing apps and data? And if yes, give a detailed instruction? I would be so grateful… And a big sorry for my sillyness.
Does ist make sense to activate developer options and set connect with dev chanel to yes??

I am also confused being a novice at this. Is there anyone that can give me the simple steps that could get my phone unbricked - restored using Ubuntu terminal?

I managed to unbrick by what Whimsical5049 described above as follows:
-Turn off the phone
-Connect to phone with USB to your (Ubuntu) computer with ‘fastboot’ installed
-Turn on the phone, for me it started in fastboot mode and showed ‘slot a’
-run ‘fastboot devices’ to check if it has fastboot connection
-run ‘fastboot set_active b’ (replace b with a if your phone was on slot a)
-run ‘fastboot reboot’

2 Likes

I finally did get mine to reboot. Don’t know exactly how though. I was trying to run the fastboot command with phone connected to laptop and it suddenly booted. It is the older version before 2.0. My OnePlus 7 pro is currently running Android 11. Will I need to update to 12 before trying to install e/os 2.0?

Your repeated question has already been answered.

I have guacamole running with android 11 on a Oneplus 7 pro. The update to e/OS 2.0 failed.
I understand updating to android 12 would make it possible to update to 2.0. Is that correct?

Is there a way to update to android 12 without a total reset?

Thank you very much

1. Yes!
  2. No! Not at the present time.
    It would probably only be possible if d/e/v would integrate the Android 12 firmware OxygenOS 12 into /e/OS-R (T) Upgrade.
1 Like

Sorry I just noticed you wrote the instructions already.

How do I unlock the critical partitions though?

Once I managed to get on android 12 can I use easy installer again or only manual installation?

There seem to be many problems around android 12 for the Oneplus 7 pro. Have been able to find and decent image.

Would it be unsafe to stick to 1.21?

For your information, I’ve finally managed to upgrade my 7T from version 1.20 R to version 2.1 T, but from scratch (complete formatting of the device and installation of the OS via /e/OS recovery, not via fastboot). Follow the instructions :

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/hotdogb/install

1 Requirements
2 Downloads for hotdogb (I downloaded the full zip e-2.1-t and not the recovery)
3 Unlocking the bootloader
4 then go directly to Steps to install /e/OS from recovery

It requires a backup and data transfer beforehand because the phone has to be completely formatted, but at least it works and you’re left with a machine that runs just fine.

Hope this helps… And I imagine that the same thing can be done with the 7Pro and the related files. https://doc.e.foundation/devices/guacamole/install

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 Like

Thank you very much. Congratulations, that sounds very good.
You installed full zip file but you used the procedure for the recovery?
Should I not first install android 12?
I am still on android 11 and guacamole. The link for the 7 Pro describes a fastboot method. If I do not use fastboot how would I install T version then?

Would it be a good idea to first flash android 12 and then use easy installer to install T dev version?
Sorry for the Newbie questions :wink:

In the link for your device there is a :

• Steps to install /e/OS from recovery.
    It is explained next to the Fastboot procedure.

And I installed it from a device running Android 11 (Android R(11) - e-1.20-r) without first upgrading to Android 12.

But that means completely formatting the device to install the new OS with android 13 (take the Android T(13) e-2.1-t zip).

I don’t know if my method is the best, but it works and my device runs without a hitch.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

Thank you very much. I swapped partitions after the failed attempt to install 2.1. Managed in that way to return to 1.21. Should I format both partitions?

Finally got my Oneplus 7 Pro working. I just simply used adb sideload and used the full image (not recovey) of e-2.2-t-20240717417775-dev-guacamole. It also left all my data in tact.
I started out with Android 11 on e/OS 1.21. No need to go to stock android 12 first.
At least so it appears for now ;-).

So here’s is happy camper.

1 Like

Did someone try this with other OnePlus? I’m on OnePlus 8 and stil did not find a calm moment for switching to dev version.

Also still a bit afraid as I almost bricked my phone when installing e the first time

What version ?

Lets continu here :

I did it the official way coming from /e/OS Android 11 stable. Installed stock OnePlus OOS Android 12 (via sideload), erased everything, then sideloaded /e/OS A13 dev version. Lot of work but works like a charm.

1 Like

Which files did you use to install Android 11 and android 12?
Have a very good weekend!