OnePlus 7T 'No Touch Display' after install

It can be found here: https://download.lineage.microg.org/hotdogb/

1 Like

Thank you for that. How do I install that? Do I sideload that using ADB?

Yes adb sideloadhttps://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdogb/install

1 Like

Ok I see, under the section “Install additional add-ons”. Thank you for the information!

Also, is that an official LinageOS site? Just being cautious.

I felt it was OK to provide the link to the ROM as you have experienced extreme difficulty with the current /e/OS build … but I would feel a little uncomfortable if I could be seen as providing support for https://lineage.microg.org/, from which you will find the ROM linked. :slight_smile:

Maybe you should read up on LineageOS for microG on their pages, it is rather more “barebones” than /e/OS.

2 Likes

So I was incorrect in saying I install that in the additional add ons section of the instructions. That would actually be the file I use to do the full install.

Installed the hotdog version on mu Oneplus 7t pro, and after having the ‘no touch’ issue found this entry on the forum…

How big is the chance that this issue is solved with the upcoming anounced ‘T’ version? I then will just await that version.

Hoping it will. Since the issue is probably related to the partition mismatch then e OS T should work fine because all the files will reference Android 13.

How can you ask me here in public if I can tell you the name of the Custom ROM I’m currently using? I’ve clearly explained why I don’t do that here.

By the way: LineageOS and LineageOS-for-microG are ‘neither secure nor privacy-friendly’. To trim LineageOS and LineageOS-for-microG to the /e/ level regarding privacy friendliness, some ‘screws need to be turned’ and manually touched up. This is proven by the test of the article series Custom ROMs

I’m very curious how /e/OS will perform with the test phone Pixel 6a in the text of the renowned expert and corresponds with the study from March 25, 2021 of the security researchers around Douglas J. Leith, School of Computer Science & Statistics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.

I’m sorry about that. I should not have asked that here.
Yes, I’m curious too how /e/ OS will grade out. Hopefully well because it is my favorite custom ROM and the team works reaaly hard to provide a reliable and secure OS.

This discussion is now going rather offtopic…

This topic is about the (in)ability running e.os on a Oneplus 7T pro due to “No Touch Display” after installing according to the current instructions.

1 Like

Apologies: post deleted

1 Like

I have the same situation.
I tried to use easy installer on Linux: it was unable to install custom recovery, so I stuck at step with bootloader.

I switched to command line method, fastbooted these:
20230718/dtbo.img
20230718/vbmeta.img
recovery-e-1.12.3-s-20230614299639-stable-hotdogb.img

Then I sideloaded this rom from recovery:
e-1.12.3-s-20230614299639-stable-hotdogb.zip

Touchscreen is not working.
Is there a solution?
Also, how to return to recovery without touch screen - without waiting days to battery drained?
Thanks!

edit: ok, I managed to return to fastboot mode with pressing all keys long…
edit2: I ended up stable R version (android 11)
edit3: how it can be stated that S (android 12) is stable on this phone, when people has such problems with it? I don’t get is.

You might care to comment on the (already linked) issue https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/6981. The solution mentioned is to use the Android 11 (R) build till this is fixed.

Hi!
I don’t want to register to GitLab at this moment, but thank you for the suggestion!
Also, using e/OS ‘R’ instead of e/OS ‘S’ is not really a solution for this problem, just a workaround and has no contribution for fixing the issue.
bil
ps: I really admire the effort you put here in forums. You already helped me on a Samsung issue. Really appreciate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Touchscreen not working. Unable to log into the bug report, issue tracker since both my email addresses are not accepted there.

Now I tried divestOS and that seems to work for now, so I wonder how that one man show can make a working build and /e/OS not yet working? Perhaps you can contact the developer of divestos or some guys in lineage to help figure out the issue?

Thank you

Will this be solved with the /e/os 1.14 (Android T) build, that is rolled out as we speak?

Do you know when Android 13 will be available for this device? Our hope is that maybe this issue will be fixed there.
Android 11 is OK for me at the moment, i am just curious.
Thanks,
bil

1 Like