OnePlus 7T: "Timed out waiting for FUSE to be ready. F:Failed to write message STAT?: Broken pipe"

Hi - this is my third /e/ phone. I’ve flashed it onto other phones (Oneplus One, SGS6) and have bought a refurbed SGS9+ from Murena. I’m attempting to install /e/ on my new (to me) Oneplus 7T running Android 12 using the easy-installer snap on Linux. I’m an old Linux hand but I don’t have much experience flashing phones manually.

There’s a mismatch between the actual sha265sum of e-latest-s-hotdogb.zip and the one listed in e-latest-s-hotdogb.zip.sha256sum. I got around that by following the instructions elsewhere on the forum (I basically downloaded all the hashes on https://images.ecloud.global/dev/hotdogb/) and then downloaded the zip that corresponded to the checksum in the copy of e-latest-s-hotdogb.zip.sha256sum that easy-installer had downloaded and wrote it on top of e-latest-s-hotdogb.zip, then restarted easy-installer.)

The flashing process seemed to proceed in the /e/-branded RECOVERY mode, apparently dding partition images on top of device partitions, until the process aborted with the following error:

Timed out waiting for FUSE to be ready.
F:Failed to write message STAT?: Broken pipe

The prior dding process seemed to have completed successfully:

Any tips for where to go next with this?

(I did try the opposite version of the hash mismatch tip above, creating a new .sha256sum file based on the latest Android S stable build, but easy-installer overwrote the checksum file with the mismatched one, downloaded e-latest-s-hotdogb.zip with a different hash, and then stalled. Note this isn’t my issue, really - the FUSE timeout is.)

I installed 1.18-t-dev following the hint at Touchscreen does not work after command line install of /e/ OS S on hotdogb and following the instructions Install /e/OS on a OnePlus 7T - “hotdogb”. I wouldn’t have expected the build for Android 13 to work, but it did. It installed more cleanly than e-1.18-s-stable (which had given me a scary warning about my unlocked bootloader) and the touchscreen works.

1 Like