Oneplus 8 - After installing /e/, I get a "Orange state - Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted - Your device will boot in 5 seconds" message

Hello,

I recently istalle /e/ (latest T version) on my Oneplus 8.

It was difficult but it was finally OK : Unable to install /e/ on Oneplus 8 with easyinstaller - #8 by aibd

And now, when I start the phone, I get a warning message :

2023-12-11_18-13

When trying to install /e/ (but still on Android), I had come across this problem and try to lock it using adb/fastboot commands and corrupted my phone.

Is this message/situation a problem for using the phone as it is ?

Does someone know how I can solve this warning ?

Thanks !

I found these instructions, but they are for Android, not sure they are valid for /e/ ?
https://droidwin.com/how-to-remove-orange-state-warning-on-oneplus-android-13/

I would say, ignore it. Last days I flashed two devices with /e/ and I had to ooen the bootloader in both cases. Now I get nearby the same shit on start but some guys said, it is wirth nothing and can be ignored. So I ignore it.

It is fully expected

Hi,

Thanks for your reassuring answers.

Do you mean that it is fully expected that an orange warning message remains after correctly installing /e/ ? Seems a little strange to me !

Yes, it is a feature of Verified Boot, a little gift from Google, https://source.android.com/docs/security/features/verifiedboot/boot-flow.

Communicating Verified Boot state to users

After determining the boot state of a device, you need to communicate that state to the user. If the device doesn’t have any issues, then proceed without displaying anything. Verified Boot issues fall into these categories: …

Mostly /e/OS ROM’s are not built to be locked after flashing, exceptions, [LIST] Devices where bootloader can be relocked.

Hello,

Thanks again for your answers.
It seemed strange to me because I migrated a S7, S9, S9+, Gigaset 290 and never came across this message (it was probably older OS versions though).
I added a suggestion here : [HOWTO] an Unified Install Guide Project for /e/ - #34 by AnotherElk

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.