Oneplus 8 Pro Bricked when flashing Please help

Oh right, ok done. But now it booted into android again.

Should i enable usb debugging again or should i just turn it off and go back into recovery mode?

Android recovery … or has it actually booted into a working Android system, (like a usable phone) ? – in which case yes to USB debugging. But be also aware of your earlier Chinese script image “kindly reminder” – you should probably consider another Factory reset … if you already confirm that the phone has reverted to Android system.

You may still have to deal with Factory Reset Protection (… just be aware …).

I exceeded my daily posts on the forum. But now i got more trust. But i got this…

You think another factory reset will fix this?

I only get to 3% installation

Yeah i just turned it off again and i got into the adb sideload

You would have to tell me what you actually did !

Did you have Oxygen running ?

Did you factory reset there ?

Was there any new request for a PIN to do Factory reset there ?

If you found that you had Oxygen running then you should do every step forward from

fastboot flash dtbo <dtbo>.img
fastboot flash vbmeta <vbmeta>.img

… but perhaps do

fastboot -w

in advance of the above. (-w is --wipe)

I had oxygen running, then turned it off and i got into where iam now.

Ok so try that then. And no no new requets for pin or any things like that

Got this though

After the -w all i get is cannot determine image filename

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/instantnoodlep/install

The commands are wrong

fastboot flash dtbo <dtbo>.img

is like

fastboot flash “partition name” with “image name”

2 Likes

I got it to work finally, i just sideloaded and sideloaded but never got further than 4%, 10% 14% …but then I tried another USB port(and of course the correct command, thank you for pointing that out) and voila it worked at first try

Now is there a way i can lock it so it isnt in orange state? Or is that maybe not too smart in case something goes wrong

Thanks a lot for the help btw!!

2 Likes

Great, enjoy your onward journey with /e/!

Locking with /e/OS is currently possible only for a very small proportion of phones. When it is possible it is included in the instructions and is included on the device page https://doc.e.foundation/devices/instantnoodlep; is a negative for this phone.

1 Like

Ok,

So i cant do OEM Lock or something like that?

It is encrypted right?

LOL, i love so much how i can have 6x6 screen lock pattern :smiley:

You can undo USB debugging to (marginally) secure the phone. In Android T I do not get to undo Encryption, previously optional.

Yeah ive done that…

The OS is a bit more rough in the edges than i expected, but i guess i shouldve expected it… And the T build are maybe even more so?

But the encryption should protect my data anyways right? Shouldnt it, even with it unlocked?

This topic was automatically closed after 34 days. New replies are no longer allowed.