OnePlus 9 Pro: relock bootloader

Love /e/!! Keep up the great work!!

Many other custom ROMs state you can relock the bootloader with their custom ROM installed on the OnePlus 9 / 9 Pro. (lemonade, lemonadep)

Possible with e?

Instructions?

Many? I know Calyx, but what others?

Anyway, not possible to relock bootloader with eOS on OP9 and most of the other devices that are supported.

EDIT:
And today, bad news from Calyx that bootloader locking will not be possible on the oneplus devices with android 12 firmware…

https://calyxos.org/news/2022/07/06/oneplus-android-12-relock-issue/

Ugh… thanks for heads up… Fortunately, Team Calyx has not given up on a relocked bootloader… as per their statement/release… we shall see…

If you google ‘oneplus 9 custom rom’ you will find a plethora of ROM options, including the newly released DivestOS, in Beta…

I prefer /e/ for now, however, I might switch to Divest if/when it’s stable… for multiple reasons:

1. Locked Bootloader
  2. Enhanced Privacy
  3. Bolstered Security (OS & Physical)
  4. Hypatia (which I use now)

Yeah, I’ve got divest os on a PH-1 with locked bootloader. It’s fine although I would need wifi calling as an option for daily use. Not available on divest.

Thanks for the tip but I wouldn’t google anything tbh, ha ha.

Don’t try divest just yet on op9 it probably won’t boot.But I see you won’t anyway.

I’m sticking with Calyx on my op9 daily. Love it and I’ve got a pixel5 as backup.

Yes… no Google… lol… I use /e/ on their Browser… and SwissCows or Metager on my others… Quad9 or Aha for DNS…

Is there a reason you use Calyx over /e/on your OP9 as your daily driver?

Currently using /e/ on mine and the v1.x updates have really given /e/ a significant advantage over the other ROMs… imho

Now if ONLY we could relock the bootloader… hmmmm… :thinking: