OnePlus Nord 5G crashes when Wifi connects

Hello there,

since a few days I am having a problem with my OnePlus Nord 5G (model AC2003, 12GB+256GB version).
It crashes randomly when I am reconnecting to Wifi.
Before that it just worked like a charm.

What happened?
Seen by chance that the display went black and the e logo with the bouncing dot showed up. Just like when it reboots.
First thought: maybe I touched the restart button somehow by accident. I was surprised but didn’t pay more attention to it.
At that point the Wifi already was connected. After the “reboot” it only took seconds (under 10) and it was back again. Reconnected to Wifi and mobile network. Everything was fine again.

After that it happened more often and I was sure I didn’t press any button. It just lay in front of me on the desk.
So I took it out of its phone case (maybe this was faulty because too tight and it “pressed” the power button).
But the problem persisted.

Then I checked for an update. The release used to this date was e-0.20-q-20211215151799-stable-avicii.

After the update
The build number now is:
e_avicii-userdebug 10 QQ3A. 200805.001 eng.root.20220122.022406 dev-keys,stable-release , /e/OS 0.21-20220122158537 is shown in the system updates tab.

Made the update by searching for system updates within the OS itself.

Now it restarts everytime when I try to connect to any Wifi. Does not matter if it is at home, a hotspot or when I am with friends at their homes. Sometimes several times after another.
And even when it is already booted up and connected and it’s fine for a few minutes. All of a sudden the screen goes black, e logo, bouncing dot and it’s back after just a few seconds.
No matter if I have flight mode enabled and deactivate it when needed or whether it’s in “always on” mode.

As long as I leave it unconnected nothing of the above described happens.

About the phone:

• OnePlus Nord 5G
  • model AC2003
  • 12GB+256GB
  • 1 SIM is used, never inserted a second
  • flashed it myself using the instructions provided by e.foundation

Side notes:
What I have seen a couple of days earlier, before the rebooting issue appeared: it failed connecting to Nextcloud/eCloud properly. Can’t remember the exact message anymore but it said something like “no connection possible” and alongside an IP address has been displayed. The problem seemed to solve itself; the message never showed up again. Soon after that the shutdown issue started.
Don’t know if this has something to do with it but I thought I’d mention it.

Please let me know, if there is something I forgot and you need to know. I already looked for crash reports but don’t know where to find them.
Maybe you can help me or someone else also had this problem and knows why.

Thanks,
David

I just thought I would answer your thread.

I have e running on Nord same model and I have no WiFi problems, maybe double check some settings.

Before I say try a reset maybe post how you did install and if you encountered any problems.