OnePlus - OnePlus 9 - lemonade - Documentation Suggestions

I went from stock 11 to /e/ 12

i find it funny yours works without following the instructions but mine seems to not following it.
Just tried flashing all of those A12 versions in order and got the same thing, interestingly when i rebooted the device it displays a battery with a question mark and then reboots again.
When it was booted it also showed a completely blak battery.

It may not make a difference for your problem but latest platform tools is now r34.0.1.

If you sideloaded or used the oxygen os local update method to install c.36 followed by c.48 you effectively have a basic starting point for flashing custom rom (such as /e/ ) where your device has c.36 on the other slot and c 48 on the current slot.

This could possibly be a problem because when you sideload /e/ it will install to the other slot; i.e. on top of the older c.36.

It may be better to go back to stock like you did before and add an extra step of installing c.48 one extra time so that it is on both slots.

Last question: Is the phone global device LE2155 as bought? If yes, then that’s ok!

i did notice that if i flashed /e/ from each slot one side would fail far worse so maybe. I did use that copy-partition thing first after initial recovery though so i guess that didnt work.
Both sides (including recoveries) dont seem to have touchscreen support.

Im pretty sure i tried that once before though and got the same issue. I will try again and as maybe i messed up another step that time.
It does feel like both sides end up having the touchscreen issue though (after i flash from the failed install, the recovery still ran fine), so i expect ill just end up with both sides with the “working” OS just no touch screen.

On the back it says LE2110.

Ah. That’s the Chinese variant and will probably need a different approach to restoring it. Good news is that LE2110 is supported device for flashing /e/ though.

My instinct tells me that you should aim to restore Color OS on the device and then update it to the latest Android 12 version of Color OS. I don’t know what numbers these updates would be at the moment.

Best forget about /e/ for the moment and focus on getting the phone back to it’s original state. The xda thread with repo of OOS builds has links to a guide for crossflashing LE2110 to OOS builds. Guess you’ve read it?

I need to do a bit more research and head scratching before offering more solid advice but it would help to know what the msm initial build number is that you are restoring the device to?

A rough plan would be:

1. Get the ColorOS downgrade build from the xda links

2. MSM restore as you did before and update to a higher version number than the ColorOS downgrade build.

3. Install the ColorOS downgrade build and if it’s ok update it on device to latest 12 version OTA (would need to get info about version numbering for this)

i was just using the default rom from this MSM tool: forum.xda-developers. com/t/global-oneplus-9-msm-tool-updated.4284779/page-9
It definitely was OxygenOS being flashed by it though, it also looked like it was working fine with it.

i didnt read any of that, i put /e/OS (R? the one before S) on this device before almost straight away so didnt check the OS, it was A11 though.
I used the MSM tool to get back to stock from /e/OS R.
Ill go find them so i can see what i was meant to be doing.

I just reflashed using MSM, it goes to OOS 11.2.4.4.LE25AA.

Is there an ota update offered now for 11.2.10.10? If yes, I would take it, so you have definitely OOS on both slots.

Next I would get the ColorOS downgrade zip through the xda links to the Telegram channel where it is offered. Make sure it is the downgrade zip, not the full version, and verify it with the MD5, just to be sure.
Install as described on the xda repo thread , i.e. using the system updater.

If that boots and works , the next step would be Step 3. in my previous post.

I’ll try and find version numbers in an hour or so; busy with something else at the moment.

All this is of course only if you agree with the logic of getting original software for LE2110 on device first before flashing /e/

EDIT:

The last ColorOS Android 12 version from the Telegram update tracker channel is OnePlus 9 ColorOS 12.1 C.69 , posted 30 Oct 2022

If you get as far as this, it would be wise to install C.69 twice so that it is on both slots.

BTW, I’m curious to know, is msm locking the bootloader when completed?

Should you decide to “take” root (Magisk), there are some very fine modules for OnePlus 9. Also the GCam version is just perfect!

currently installing the downgrade for colorOS. Ill tell you how it goes.

Yes it was locking it, it seemed to act like a brand new phone. Said somethig about NV failing which left after it went to A12.

How well do apps work after rooting? i remember that was my issue last time

All my apps work as they should. Normal. Not better, not worse. No hickups, no malfunctions.

The update seems to have worked after i upgraded to C.69 manually.
I then installed it twice then followed the /e/OS instructions.

I’m looking for some souls to share info with who also use a rooted OP9. Anyone interested? Just tips and tricks concerning this specific device, as in “who uses what”?

The description refers to t builds. In the repository I only find builds for s. Are the builds for Android 13 for lemonade not ready jet?

The t builds are there now. Did the upgrade with adb sideload. All went well, no problems! Thanks again!

Which was the build version you had previously on your OnePlus 9 lemonade?

Did you dirty flash or first went back to stock (13) and then installed /e/ 13?

Hello,
given the little data I have in the phone and as it’s not my main phone, I’m lucky enough to be able to reinstall “from scratch” and test. (I had previously e-1.15-s.)

Without going through the “stock rom” process, I managed to erase and install e-1.15-t using the steps described in the documentation.

• flash, in fastboot, dtbo, vbmeta, vendor_boot
  • flash, in fastboot, boot recovery
  • in recovery, format
  • in recovery, adb sideload

On the other hand, I’m getting the following message again, whereas after installation in e/OS/version S, this message had disappeared:
"Orange State The device has been unlocked and can’t be trusted. Your device will boot in 5 seconds. "

The phone seems to be working correctly.
As a reminder, it’s not my main device, so I haven’t tested everything… but calls, sms, camera ok, fingerprint ok, and GPS, like every time I turn it on, it sees me at “Montgérain” then finds the right location afterwards.

Otherwise, there’s the same message in App Lounge as on the other devices. “The anonymous account … is unavailable”.

e-1.15-s-20230916331435

I just did the upgrade from e-1.15-s-20230916331435.