Opencamera encountered a serious error [solved]

Today, I tried taking a few snapshots, but opencamera kept telling me that it encountered a serious error as I tapped the snap button, if I remember the error message correctly. After that, opencamera would block showing the unsaved picture. I only could kill it then relaunch. Only the selfie camera was working.

It kinda corrected itself just now so I cant tell the very exact error message.

I just read on a sept 19 topic that using the parameter “Camera2 API” would protect me from further such errors. Know if it will do so? Why did the default API works for me except an hour ago?

Try to clear data and cache of Open Camera. It could solve the issue. And turn on Camera 2 API to have a better image quality if this feature is available for your device.

Hello, since yesterday I encounter the same problem : when opening the camera it “kinda” stop working (the app does not crash as it stays open, I can still access settings and do things, but the camera itself is stucked). I had the same message (actually it’s in french, but it translates as “Camera encountered a serious problem”.

I did not find any issue of this kind on gitlab and just find this topic.
I did clear data and cache, and reset settings. Camera 2 API is already turned on. The phone is FP3+. As a side note it looks like eSpeak crashes at the same time.

Edit : well it works after rebooting the phone :s