OS Upgrade - Volunteer Testers Required - Next Set of Devices for OS Upgrade

Yes they get a test plan against which they test the devices.

1 Like

Next set of devices to be tested for OS uprgade

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - mido -> Pie
Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 (Exynos) - a3xeltexx -> Pie
Huawei Honor 5X - kiwi -> Pie
OnePlus 5T - dumpling -> Pie
Oneplus 5 - cheeseburger -> Pie

As always Those interested in testing can send in these details to testing@e.email

/e/ email ID (optional)
Tester Name (optional)
/e/ Gitlab ID ( required)
Telegram username (required)

[ Need the gitlab ID to add your name to the testing project , telegram username is need to add your name to the telegram /e/ testing channel ]

Please note: Only users who have experience of flashing their devices with stock and /e/OS ROM’s need to volunteer for the testing.

2 Likes

Hello just to say that the link to upgrade a5y17lte from nougat (/e/ nougat 0.7 2020031745615) to pie is broken : Upgrade a5y17lte to pie link

I wanted to have a try, but not today…
Tell me when it will be fixed.

To fix covid19 : stay at home !

Thanks for pointing that out. Will have that checked and fixed
Actually there is an issue with both the chiron and a5y17lte upgrade pages. There were some gitlab issues when merging earlier. Will have them checked and re merged.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don’t worry everythings is OK.

In my eyes it is misleading, if at two places of the /e/ documentation - /e/ OS Information - Versions: pie and download /e/ for a5y17lte dev (pie) /e/OS 9-Pie is announced, but e-0.7-n-2020 build will be offered.An outcry from a new /e/ user follows promptly:

https://community.e.foundation/t/samsung-galaxy-a5-2017-sm-a520f-bugs/13108

For a first impression it takes only seconds, as studies in psychology show. This first assessment is rarely correct - but it influences our behaviour.

Read more …

@archje : I’ve just replying to Manoj at “sorry for inconvenience”…

Update: Any users with a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 - a5y17lte ? If yes pl can you help with the testing of the upgrade pie build.
During our upgrade testing to Pie our tester reported an issue with Bluetooth which we wanted to test on another similar device.
If the issue is replicated we will have to withhold the upgrade for this device and move on to the next set to devices to upgrade while we check what the issue is.

Yes @Manoj, here is a device a5y17lte SM-A520F free for testing. Bluetooth device (remote station) also present. Please compare Telegram /e/ upgrade testing channel.

Thanks and added your credentials to the testing team…thanks for volunteering.

I like doing it very much. The download of e-0.7-p-2020031244891-test-a5y17lte is complete mow.

Upgrade Release Held back due to bugs
LeEco Le 2 - s2 -> Oreo
( testing to continue)

Pie Upgrade for the below devices is now live
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 - chiron -> pie
Xiaomi Mi 5s - capricorn -> pie
Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 - a5y17lte -> Pie

Testers needed for the next set of devices for Pie upgrade

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - mido -> Pie
Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 (Exynos) - a3xeltexx -> Pie
Huawei Honor 5X - kiwi -> Pie
OnePlus 5T - dumpling -> Pie
Oneplus 5 - cheeseburger -> Pie

As always those interested in testing can send in these details to testing@e.email

/e/ email ID (optional)
Tester Name (optional)
/e/ Gitlab ID ( required)
Telegram username (required)

[ Need the gitlab ID to add your name to the testing project , telegram ID is need to add your name to the telegram /e/ testing channel ]

Please note: Only users who have experience of flashing their devices with stock and /e/OS ROM’s need to volunteer for the testing.

2 Likes

Hi,
Do you need more testers for the s7 edge (G935F) ?

Please tell me why to release test builds for Leiko Le 2-s2 on nougat?

I m quite sure the upgrading is to pie and with it the testing consists of nougat/oreo versions which will during the test being upgraded to pie :slight_smile:

The upgrade is for Pie as @Chimpthepimp has also mentioned. The pie build when we tested has issues in that the OS appears to be quite slow also there is an issue with encryption so we would be holding back the LeEco s2 upgrade until it is well tested.

Hi.

I kind of missed this.
Happy to test the Pinebook

We closed the PineBook testing and it is already live. You can raise bugs if any on gitlab.

Hello,
There is no hurry, but any news about the release date of the Samsung S7 (herolte) upgrade to Oreo/Pie ?

The reason for the delay is that there is a bug in the build which the developers are fixing.