Outlook Cannot Send Mails

Hello,

Recently migrated to /e/ OS. I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro “whyred”.
I am on /e/ OS 1.0-20220527188878

I use official Microsoft Outlook app for my work account. So while using the app, I noticed that while the Advanced Privacy setting is “ON”, I am unable to send any emails. They are just stuck in the Outbox folder.
The moment I turn Advanced Privacy “OFF”, the email are immediately sent. I have checked this with WiFi as well as mobile data. I have no issues when receiving emails when Advanced Privacy is toggled “ON

Anyone else facing similar issues?

I would like to use Advanced Privacy for the tracker protection. Thank You in advance for any help.

P.S. Is there a way to upvote a thread so to bring it to the developers attention, or do we open a issue in Gitlab for this?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I would not regard Outlook as particularly respecting of your privacy, εxodus | Outlook, so I am not surprised at your finding!

In order to get more of a feel for what I assert, I would recommend using using https://trackercontrol.org/ for a while.

You can then perhaps learn when it is advantageous to use Advanced privacy. :slight_smile:

I am currently using RethinkDNS on phone as well as PiHole on my home network

If you look at Advanced Privacy in more detail you can enable/disable the trackers found within outlook on a case by case basis. Normally, from memory, you only need to disable one in particular to send the emails.

However, I still don’t understand why blocking a tracker also blocks the sending of emails…

1 Like

And do you know which tracker is it?

Can tell you this later in the day. I disable the tracker for a friend who use outlook app for mail but I can’t remember which one. I gonna ask it to him.

I’ve found the answer somewhere else : mobile engagement

1 Like

Yep it’s that one, I just check.

Hi, would you mind explaining what you mean by “movile engagement” ?

This is the name of the tracker given by advanced privacy concerning the outlook app.

1 Like