Paypal login loop problem

Since days I’m trying to send one of my friends some money via paypal.
Yet I face the problem that I’m not able to login neither from the actual app nor through any web browser I’ve installed.

I use the official app from the apps store.
Currently I have Firefox and /e/-browser installed.

The loop looks like this:

1. Login with email and password
  2. Via web browser they send you 2nd factor 2FA code via sms.
    Login in via App one needs to confirm first being human by a captcha. And then sends you the code via sms.
  3. In the web browser one will be directly redirected to the login page.
    On the App a white window appears that doesn’t let yoh do anything than close it. From there you are redirected to the login page as well.

I know there are a lot of users reporting this problem in the official paypal forum.
I thought ok maybe there is something fishy with the mobile version of the paypal website.
So I tried with the app. Yet no luck there as well.

Somebody else facing similar issues?
Or maybe someone even knows any solution to this mess?
Thank you!

I have made a lot of payments on my e-pie version with eBrowser, no Problem.

I have just tried again, also no.problem. but I have to disble ‘TrackerControl’.

Could it be that you have enabled a tracker blocker like ‘TrackerControl’ or Netguard or Blokada ?

Hey harvey186,
did you put a good word in for me at Paypal? I also tried on my desktop. Similar problem. Thank you because right afterwards it worked.

No kidding, I think the problem was as you said:

• turn off tracking protection
  • allow 3rd party cookies
    That was the trick for making it work on my mobile browser, yet I have no idea what changed that the app and the deaktop browser were able to login as normal.

Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.