PGP using JavaScript (openpgpjs) - Tutorial

Hi, I found /e/ somewhere in 2018 (eelo), then started to try some contribution as translator… because I saw I really nice idea on the project and was trying to help… did only a little contrib with the manifesto…

/e/ has done a LOT of progress, I am surprised to see how things are today…

Now, I want to contribute with an article/tutorial around privacy, trying to show to common users, how easy is to use PGP in JavaScript, openpgpjs module.

I was hoping to upload the tuto to my 1GB eCloud account, but, it seems that we have some servers migration and looks like it will take some more time to finish…

So I just want to share here info the article/tuto I am working…

This is the slide 8 of 26…

Slide 9 of 26…

Slide 24 of 26…

I am dividing the whole article/tuto into 4 parts, as described in the following slide (1 of 26):

I am trying to make everything as visual as possible, and all the code for this first part is done (html, js)…

Since the target audience are the common users, my idea is to help attract (new) people to /e/ by building the article/tuto inside my eCloud account…

I also want to invite current /e/ community to start from my article/tuto and help to build many, many examples of how to use PGP for ALL KINDS of purposes…

The conclusion for the article I will describe Apache Cordova .apk and Android SDK .apk creating using the openpgpjs module, so, trying to convince common users that building binary apps with PGP may be more simple than the common sense may be telling all…

The article/tuto is my tentative to help this cool project,
congratulations to all /e/ community

Regards all,
Valter

PS. all the examples HTML/JS on this part 1 also runs on Mobile Browsers…

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes

Hi, good to see eCloud up and running… so…

Here is the {PART 1 - Links to my eCloud Files}:

[PDF version of slides]

[JPG slides for slideshow]

[SCRIPTS, html, js, pdf]

“MobileBrowser” is the version for Mobile devices, 1 big file with everything inside… (3 big files total)

I will try to create some infograph-thumbnails (6 into 1)… not sure if it will help…

Also, I will add a text note with some more details…

Regards,
Valter

PGP2 - The part2 of the 4 series is here:
NodeJS versions…

[PDF version of slides]

[JPG slides, JPG command screen sequence]

A small JPG screen sequence of the commands on the link above…

[Scripts]

Regards,
Valter

Hi alkorismus, thanks for making these.

For those who are interesting there is also this really interesting talk about implementing End to end File Encryption in the Web Browser.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.