Phone call screen blankout

Hello everyone,
When I make a phone call, it completes the call, however the screen goes blank. I cannot enable phone speaker or dialpad, unless I press the start button once. Is the a way to enable tapping on the screen instead ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It might be helpful to provide some additional information as e.g.

• your phone
  • running OS and version

my phone google pixel 5
running /e/OS v1.15

Same problem on now dead (or coma-ed) OnePlus 7T Pro and I’d like to be kept up to date.

I expected that the movement of the phone from the ear, using accelerometers would have switched the screen on. It used to on the ancient /e/ 0.14 (Android 7).

Hey there,
just waiting for a response back. thanks for the feedback. good to know it’s not just me.

@Jack’s suggestion reminded me that I think that it is the proximity sensor which should allow the screen to come alive after a call.

There is an app available from App Lounge, Device Info HW by Andrey Efremov. Here under “sensors” (scroll the top bar) you can test and read about the proximity sensor – it can possibly be disturbed by a case or screen protector sometimes.

Interesting. The OnePlus 7t Pro does not have an exposed, forward pointing camera (it has a popup camera) Perhaps that was issue for me on the newer install. (Presuming the pro,imity sensor is light based)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.